Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all

My LS400 has required a lot of TLC so far, but the results are turning out to be great. So far, I have changed all four tyres, new break pads all around, DENSO iridium spark plugs, Aisin water pump, Mitsuboshi timing belt, fan belt, NTN hydraulic pre-tensioner and bearings, K&N air filter, ShellUltra Helix ECT 5w-30 oil, Toyota OEM oil filter, Toyota OEM antifreeze/coolant, Toyota OEM break fluid. also discovered that A/C compressor wasn't working, luckily found one at eBay removed from a Mark 4 which had done only 32k miles and got it done along with the timing belt, Yuasa 335 Battery 95aH, and got my local carper shop to cut and whip new mats plus 4 wheel Hunter alignment by Alineyourcar in Dudley. Forgot to add engine hood struts, changed them too.

As expected, I can feel the difference. Just came back from a 1307 mile trip to Liore Valley. The car used petrol worth £197.80, averaged 32 mpg with air-conditioning on all the time as temperatures were 30 deg plus. On the way back home, I got 513 miles from a single tank of fuel with 32 miles range to spare. We travel to Europe by car 2-3 times a year, and this has been our most comfortable and enjoyable trip so far.

I want to thank everyone on this forum for their advice and contributions, saved me a lot of money and guided me in the right direction.

Tarun

post-48195-0-16817900-1433714301_thumb.j

post-48195-0-08642200-1433714319_thumb.j

post-48195-0-42792600-1433714340_thumb.j

post-48195-0-85820200-1433714369_thumb.j

• Like 2

All that TLC now means a car that should go on for many years.

No doubt there will be other expenses, but to me it's like I am preserving history, rather than spending money while waiting to send the car off to the scrapper.

Have not been to the Loire Valley for 30 years, but I recall most roads as being traffic free (out of holiday season), and some great villages and chateaus to be enjoyed.

T, very impressive mpg figures---mine usually reads 23 not 32 though! (But I do like to feel that 'push in the back' acceleration sometimes).

mine too - but i do alot of pottering around town

thats one pampered LS for sure - she must be very happy

All that TLC now means a car that should go on for many years.

No doubt there will be other expenses, but to me it's like I am preserving history, rather than spending money while waiting to send the car off to the scrapper.

Have not been to the Loire Valley for 30 years, but I recall most roads as being traffic free (out of holiday season), and some great villages and chateaus to be enjoyed.

Yes Pete we are preserving history and it is so satisfyingly rewarding to do that. Loire valley is relatively quiet as compared to Paris and South of France (bits that I have visited), very pretty chateaus and gardens indeed. Tarun

T, very impressive mpg figures---mine usually reads 23 not 32 though! (But I do like to feel that 'push in the back' acceleration sometimes).

Thanks Brian, it surprised me as well! Tarun

mine too - but i do alot of pottering around town

thats one pampered LS for sure - she must be very happy

Thanks Mark. It was not cheap and time consuming, but feels worth the effort so far. Tarun

Hello guys,

my wife and I went to see some friends in Scotland last year in the trusty old LS.

We did a round trip of 1100 miles in three days with no problems whatsoever. My LS is currently on 207,000 miles but when we did the trip last year it was on 202,000 miles.

I was really impressed with how good the MPG was considering I wasn't driving like a vicar, I was just keeping up with the traffic flow and maintaining the speed limit where possible.

We are off to Scotland again later this year so hopefully the LS will perform faultlessly again.

post-25599-0-79216900-1434027178_thumb.j

post-25599-0-09930300-1434027195_thumb.j

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links