Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Spent last week on holiday Cornwall with the GS. A recent thread on the LS forum talked about a member going to Cornwall and never seeing another LS at all.

So thought I'd keep a similar eye out for GS's on my travels. Didn't see one for the whole week... except when comihg in to the county on the A30 spotted a GS450h in exactly the the same colour and trim as mine going the other way!!

Did 380 miles each way to get there with the car proving the great long distance cruiser it is. Supreme comfort, great speed and despite 'pressing on' still got 30+ mpg with OEM roof bars and roof bag on.

We were staying in Mousehole which is full of tiny two way streets with very tight bends. Was pleasantly surprised at how manouevrable the GS is in tight spots surrounded by pedestrians. When in silent electric mode the car does also take people by surprise...........

Will post separately about the OEM roof bars saga, for now suffice to say don't dismantle them completely to clean them up (bought off ebay) without first realising that the fittings are all specific to one roof position!!!!

Spent last week on holiday Cornwall with the GS. A recent thread on the LS forum talked about a member going to Cornwall and never seeing another LS at all.

So thought I'd keep a similar eye out for GS's on my travels. Didn't see one for the whole week... except when comihg in to the county on the A30 spotted a GS450h in exactly the the same colour and trim as mine going the other way!!

Did 380 miles each way to get there with the car proving the great long distance cruiser it is. Supreme comfort, great speed and despite 'pressing on' still got 30+ mpg with OEM roof bars and roof bag on.

We were staying in Mousehole which is full of tiny two way streets with very tight bends. Was pleasantly surprised at how manouevrable the GS is in tight spots surrounded by pedestrians. When in silent electric mode the car does also take people by surprise...........

Will post separately about the OEM roof bars saga, for now suffice to say don't dismantle them completely to clean them up (bought off ebay) without first realising that the fittings are all specific to one roof position!!!!

I know Mousehole very well. We have rented a cottage from the same people for the last 20 years but sadly the owners wife died a few weeks ago and the cottage hasn't been rented. Where do you stay when you are there. If it wasn't for my Grandchildren I would gladly move down to Mousel. Mike.

Michale ............. " When in silent electric mode the car does also take people by surprise.......... "

In my Ls400 I find the same often applies when I'm slowly driving behind pedestrians in the road too ...... and mine's of course all petrol !!

hahahahaha ............... the " silence of the lambs " maybe, always was / is a wolf in sheep's clothing so as to speak :whistling:

Malc

Hi Mike, we stayed at Cobblers Cottage on Fore Street, literally 30 seconds walk from the harbour. It comes complete with garage parking and the place was fine. It is a very old building but with plenty of room. PM me if you'd like more info.

Agree with you on 'Mousel' - we will definitely go back........

Michale ............. " When in silent electric mode the car does also take people by surprise.......... "

In my Ls400 I find the same often applies when I'm slowly driving behind pedestrians in the road too ...... and mine's of course all petrol !!

hahahahaha ............... the " silence of the lambs " maybe, always was / is a wolf in sheep's clothing so as to speak :whistling:

Malc

Malc, Wouldn't be a Lexus otherwise eh! :arrrggg-matey:

Mike

Hi Mike, we stayed at Cobblers Cottage on Fore Street, literally 30 seconds walk from the harbour. It comes complete with garage parking and the place was fine. It is a very old building but with plenty of room. PM me if you'd like more info.

I know Cobblers Cottage, very cozy looking and smart inside. This is the one we have always rented http://www.seacrest-cottage-mousehole.co.uk/about_seacrest/

My LS fits very nicely around the tiny but beautiful streets of Mousehole. Mike.

We always stay at the same cottage in the Cot Valley near St Just. When we were there two years ago I didn't see another Lexus on the road....until we arrived. The farm has three rental properties, and the neighbouring one had an LS430 parked outside. The only one seen in 600 miles and it's parked next to us!

• Like 1

I know Cobblers Cottage, very cozy looking and smart inside. This is the one we have always rented http://www.seacrest-cottage-mousehole.co.uk/about_seacrest/

My LS fits very nicely around the tiny but beautiful streets of Mousehole. Mike.

The view from Seacrest looks wonderful. Can see why you keep going back.

The view from Seacrest looks wonderful. Can see why you keep going back.

It our little piece of paradise. Mike.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links