Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wind Noise Drivers Door

hi , I have developed a load wind roar on drivers side,thought the door was open so slowed down to a crawl,opened /shut door wind noise markedley less. same again on jurney home ,checked all windows fully shut. still same when I got home checked door seal , ran fingers all around seal to make sure seated ok .Next trip ok comming ,but comming home same thing loud wind noise.? thinking about cars over 50years motoring from the old greymatter smeared some vaseline over seals,seems to have worked.Has any body got an issue with door seal on the RX.only don 11k on 13 plate ,.regards polish

thanks for that, never thought about silicone spray?.

been out to Sheffield recently it was raining ,when we got there on opening the doors the door shuts were filthy both sides and inside of the seals.

the back doors hardly ever used were clean ? could this be just warn seals , car is still under warranty but havn't involved lexus yet.

on the m62 was traveling at 70mph could the speed be to blame wind noise was also high .many thanks for your help POLISH

My old MR2 was a nightmare for having the doors freeze shut, until they got silicone spray treatment!

Looks very cool trying to prise the door open with your fingernails first thing in the morning! Not...!

Never had that problem fortunately, although did have the odd leak which black "form in place" silicone gasket goo did wonders to fix.

I actually had 3 x MR2's until I sold the T-bar one to get the Lex. Love them to bits!

Just my k-reg Auto MR2 Rev 2 (200k miles) and V-reg MR2 Rev 5 (85k miles) left now!

The MR2's were amazing, hard wearing little cars with Toyota's infamous build quality from back in the day.

Much criticised at the time for copying Ferrari looks (despite the car being out a year or two before the Ferrari model in question) and often overshadowed and forgot about compared to mazda's rattle-bucket MX5.

If it weren't for my 1990 Turbo Supra (when I was lucky enough to own one and saw on eBay only the other day!) and my MR2's - I would probably have been one of the German crowd....!

:offtopic:

Apologies for going off topic here but just to finish the conversation, I've had three MR2s; one of the last first generation AW11 models, a second generation SW20 Rev 2 T-Bar, and a SW20 Rev 3 Japanese solid roof Turbo import. All three were excellent in their own way and the first one was my introduction to Toyota/Lexus.

• Like 1

hi every body, I seem to have solved the problem regards wind noise from drivers door.

Had a good check of all doors and found a small spongy rubber just above the black strip on the inside of front door .

this seems to be fastened with litle [pimples] about evey 3inchs ,this was hanging down in the middle ,fixed by double sided tape,back

in place. this has cured wind noise, back to peace&quiet and all seems ok thak you all for the tips ,polish

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links