Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

OK, it's the height of summer - and time once again for the Highways Dept. to resume their assault on the County's motorists through their loose gravel resurfacing programme.

And, once again I have a crack in my windshield - caused by a stone thrown up from a vehicle that had just passed in the opposite direction (it was clear in front).

They put up signs several days ago (Loose Chippings / Skid Risk / 20mph) BUT NO ACTUAL START DATE. Furthermore, they NEVER put the signs up BEFORE the last turning for an alternative route - so you find yourself in this hailstorm of bullets before you can avoid it.

There absoultely has to be some deal going on between the corrupt councils and the insurance cos.

As far as I'm concerned, the practice of spraying the road with loose gravel is simply irresponsible, indefensible and - knowing the risks without giving drivers the chance to avoid it - criminal.

I now have to consider whether I want the hassle of getting a repair or new screen on the insurance and trying to claim back the excess from the evil Council.

• Like 1

Has anyone EVER seen a Four Track driver driving at 20mph when this junk is on the road? They think its sport to spray the oncoming drivers. Should be cameras at every 20mph zone whilst this stuff is thrown onto the pavement to no advantage to the road. (Never thought I'd say that)

Whereabouts in Essex please?

Is this the £10m promised that they are wasting rather than doing the job properly like the French do?

1. Ashingdon (between Rochford and Hockley)

2. Raweth Lane (Rayleigh area, just setting up today).

These are the sites I know of, but the Ashingdon one at least is not shown on the live roadworks map.

The last lot that I fell foul of were in the Maldon and Bicknacre areas. They seem to choose the locations at random, but only put the signs up where it's too late to avoid that stretch.

Same around here in Derbyshire, I thought it strange that several weeks before the council were patching up a particular road with real tarmac the reason became clear when it was then all tarred and gritted over.

This is an excuse for a road resurface,cheap and nasty.

The very same county council (Derbyshire) have also taken to erecting illuminated traffic activated 30 MPH signs all over the county at some cost I would imagine while in the very same week 50 school crossing patrols are being axed.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links