Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'm looking to buy a radio for my 1996 Ls400. One that does not have the usual probs,eg no backlight and lcd that is missing info. Before looking on auction sites,I Just wondered if any of you lovely loc members had one you want to sell?

thanks Steve

From whatever source you get the radio make sure that if it is coded you get the code .It is unlikely not to be coded but could be as it is an option on the default setting.

• Like 1

I had a bit of a result on my radio I got through eBay, I got one off a guy who was breaking his dad's Ls,

he told me it was perfect but he didn't have the code, he wanted £20 for it, at that price obviously I took a chance,

it worked as new and wasn't coded and even had a sticker on the back that said it had been reconditioned 3 years previously,

Good luck!!

Thanks for the replies,I have decided to give 24/7 spares a go.Never used that kind of site before.Cos the 2 radios on eBay,one was cheap enough but had a cassette stuck in it & I'm not sure how difficult it is to fix.While the other seemed a bit pricey.

Thanks Steve

The backlight problem is a fairly easy DIY fix if you are a reasonable solderer,this also fixes the other centre console illumination problem.The LCD however is another problem,they are probably available from the USA but of little use here in the UK being for LHD models.

• 2 weeks later...

just to update you on my search for a radio.Tried 24/7 spares cheapest qoute was £40 with postage but the radio had a cassette stuck in it ,decided to give that one a miss. The most expensive , luckily I was sat down when they told me the price , £190 with postage & vat.Needless to say I didn't buy it.

I think I will look for someone breaking a car& see what sort of prices they want?

Steve

I just bought a good temp unit ( lcd was getting un readable) £30 messaged the seller and asked if had a radio unit while i was in there,he did and sent it for another £15 to cover postage,temp unit is great,all clear and back light too,but radio is same as mine,lcd good just no back light :( least i have a spare now to try to fix.whats involved to repair back light issues ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links