Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Replacement Back Exhaust Box

lester

The benefits of stainless steel :)

Have a google search perhaps for a custom made SS one,probably be cheaper than an OEM Lexus replacement and you can usually customise it for the exhaust note.

I've seen cat back systems for around £400.00 for the LS400 on fleabay.

Yes done that in stainless steel and removed the 3rd cat too. Mine is still quiet with just a subtle low sport note.

First 2 pictures show the standard exhaust. This is one way of changing it but others have used two separate back boxes and no other silencers. Also check out Craig's build thread.

post-21030-0-90562600-1437168452_thumb.j

post-21030-0-12910700-1437168551_thumb.j

post-21030-0-46346000-1437168758_thumb.j

post-21030-0-68434500-1437168789_thumb.j

post-21030-0-21918300-1437168828_thumb.j

post-21030-0-03860100-1437168852_thumb.j

post-21030-0-20557400-1437168870_thumb.j

Hi Steve and Neil, Thanks for the replies. My garage wants to take the box off and make 2 small boxes 9" long, or take the back off and extend 2 pipes from cats what do you think? I do not want it to sound like a boy racer.

You need both sides to come together in a centre resonator or a cross pipe but after that separate boxes on each side will work fine.

Not too many boy racers can afford a V8. Don't worry, tell the exhaust builders how you want it to sound and if they are experts they should be able to give you the level of V8 roar desired.

Deleting just the rear box and having a small silencer each side would probably work quite well. Some delete the 3rd cat, some just have 1 silencer on each side and some just have the pipes going through a centre rear box like mine. In the US they use PPE headers and make some genuine power gains. They are now available for RHD cars too but they aren't cheap.

There's lots of info on the internet about custom exhausts for our cars.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links