Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So the facelifted GS is upon us. Its also coming with the 2.0l Turbo from the NX but with 241hp and 0-60mph in 7.2s

15-08-13-2016-lexus-gs-200t.jpg

15-08-13-2016-lexus-gs-exterior-00004.jp

15-08-13-2016-lexus-gs-exterior-00009.jp

Some new features include panoramic view monitor, blind spot monitor, rear cross traffic alert etc etc

5 new colours will also be available including Sonic white, Mesa Red (I assume its replacing Crimson Red), Nightfall mica, Caviar and Azure Blue (F-Sport)

Rose Red will replace the Garnet Red in F-Sport models and a choice of new interior colours will be available for Luxury and Premier models

except Toyota Europe/GB aren't bringing the 200t to the UK :(

World reveal at Pebble Beach
The new look GS was unveiled today with the world debut of the new GS 200t at Pebble Beach in California, in the lead-up to the resort’s Concours d’Elegance this Sunday. The new model, featuring Lexus’s 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine and eight-speed automatic transmission, is being introduced in selected markets later this year.

This model is not scheduled for sale in the UK; details of the revised GS range in the UK will be announced in September.

except Toyota Europe/GB aren't bringing the 200t to the UK :(

World reveal at Pebble Beach

The new look GS was unveiled today with the world debut of the new GS 200t at Pebble Beach in California, in the lead-up to the resorts Concours dElegance this Sunday. The new model, featuring Lexuss 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine and eight-speed automatic transmission, is being introduced in selected markets later this year.

This model is not scheduled for sale in the UK; details of the revised GS range in the UK will be announced in September.

That's a stupid idea. Completely missed that! They probably think it'll eat 300h sales

That's a stupid idea. Completely missed that! They probably think it'll eat 300h sales

Lexus GB and stupid in the same sentence ;)

I don't understand it. So what if it eats into 300h sales, they still make a sale and if it is priced like the NX they will make more margin on the 200t than the expensive hybrid. Given that the IS200t is coming to the UK there isn't even the argument around cost of having to train mechanics and keep additional spares etc.

Lexus GB and stupid in the same sentence ;)

I don't understand it. So what if it eats into 300h sales, they still make a sale and if it is priced like the NX they will make more margin on the 200t than the expensive hybrid. Given that the IS200t is coming to the UK there isn't even the argument around cost of having to train mechanics and keep additional spares etc.

I've been told there isn't a market for it. Screw that, I'd buy it straight away if it was the same price or even higher than the GS 250.

It'd be a great engine for the GS! 7.2s is pretty good going for a luxo barge and I can't imagine fuel economy being that bad

I agree, I'm sure there would be some sales. Even if they are low there isn't a big risk, the vehicles are built to order anyway. The GS currently only sells around 600 per year, that figure used to be 1600 when list prices weren't so high and there were options around drivetrain - and the current GS is a much better car compared to the previous series.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links