Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Car Details

PaulWoodroffe

Hello,
Normally I get a company car with my job, however, I am just starting a new job where I have to supply my own. I don't have a huge amount of money buy have seen I can pick up a used IS220d for between 5-6,000 quite easily, somewhere between a 06-10 registration.
Can anyone give me the location to a pdf for the UK brochure for these models? I'm trying to find out the differences between 'standard', SE, SE-L and Sport models? I don't know what the range is at all!

Also, what are LS220d's like for maintenance costs, economy etc? Are they expensive to run?

I am looking for something that is a good car but is reasonably economical and reasonable to service.

Thank you

Hello,

Normally I get a company car with my job, however, I am just starting a new job where I have to supply my own. I don't have a huge amount of money buy have seen I can pick up a used IS220d for between 5-6,000 quite easily, somewhere between a 06-10 registration.

Can anyone give me the location to a pdf for the UK brochure for these models? I'm trying to find out the differences between 'standard', SE, SE-L and Sport models? I don't know what the range is at all!

Also, what are LS220d's like for maintenance costs, economy etc? Are they expensive to run?

I am looking for something that is a good car but is reasonably economical and reasonable to service.

Thank you

I wouldn't recommend the IS220d personally. Its a departure from usual Lexus principles and was really just an attempt to grasp more sales. The IS220d frequently has problems and id say in terms of maintenance costs, an IS250 would be the better option and would probably cost not much more to run.

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

The Lexus venture into a diesel powered model could be considered a bit of a disaster with major engine problems requiring engine rebuilds/replacements. ( Lexus even extended the warranty to cover the problems) and there have been reports of the rebuilt engines failing again.

Needless to say Lexus no longer produce a diesel model which says it all really.

Fuel economy was pretty dismal for a diesel engine with the petrol equivalent close in MPG.

As people have mentioned, alot of the issues are related to the diesel model of these cars.

Here is a PDF from Toyota that gives you an overview of the trim level differences:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=8&ved=0CEgQFjAHahUKEwi02pXZ0rnHAhWRWNsKHVG9CcM&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.toyota.co.uk%2Fwp-content%2Ffiles_mf%2F1331281195120216MILEXUSIS250EQUIPMENTLIST.pdf&ei=WNLWVbTOOJGx7QbR-qaYDA&usg=AFQjCNG1NPCtuDeCZjhfwwBTHxyMw2vX8Q&sig2=Mv_DVJ90SzMCqU7yKTvIpA&cad=rja

I would use it as a guide because i found in my 2010 F sport, it came with memory steering wheel which wasnt listed, great for me but it may have things removed also.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links