Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Engine Size

222Ant

I wouldn't call a 140bhp car dreadful.. all depends on what car you were trying to overtake on the motorway. even my old fiesta 1.25litre can cruise nicely at 70mph without stress.

Dreadful on Motorways

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

why is it dreadful on the motorways ?? my ct was always quite quiet, on the motorway you should be cruising it would only become horrible if your accelerating hard and often.

after all CT stands for Compact Tourer and thats what it does well ,if your after a sports car then you've chosen badly..

• Like 1

I find it is great on motorways. But then again maybe I am easily pleased. I tend to cruise along quite happily. If I want power to overtake quickly I just pop into sport mode and the power is there, enough for me anyway. It is quiet, smooth and it has very comfortable seats, so I arrive fresh, even after a long journey. All in all I love it.

I wouldn't call a 140bhp car dreadful.. all depends on what car you were trying to overtake on the motorway. even my old fiesta 1.25litre can cruise nicely at 70mph without stress.

When a Lexus RX 450 driver with 250BHP under the loud pedal drives something with anything like 100BHP or more less power they maybe forgiven for thinking along those lines. However, outright power means sod all when you are hauling 2 1/4 tonnes of metal and sound deadening around with you. Power to weight ratio speaks volumes at all times. 0-60 takes a timely 7 or so seconds in a 450... I rode a 56 bhp motorcycle which was made in the early 1970s which could perform 0-60 in 5 seconds whilst still being able to top 120mph.....more than enough to lose your licence anywhere round these parts. Its all a question of what you want isn't it? Car performance is dreadful if performance is all you want to look at.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links