Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tuf Shine Tyre Clear Coat

Looks good, I love to see well dressed tyres, but for me, it's not only how long it lasts, but how well it stays on the tyre. Nothing worse than tyre dressing splatteried on the paintwork, particularly on a white car, which it seems we both have.

Looks good, I love to see well dressed tyres, but for me, it's not only how long it lasts, but how well it stays on the tyre. Nothing worse than tyre dressing splatteried on the paintwork, particularly on a white car, which it seems we both have.

Ive got 2 white cars - Ill be honest, ive never had any splatter from any tyre product! The only splatter comes from water running over the surface and then hitting the car but that happens on every product ive tried.

Ive stuck to Autosmart Highstyle - only need to use a bit and no splatter at all

I've had splatter from Megs Endurance, I'll not rule out having put too much on, of course!

Its very similiar to Autosmart Highstyle that one, just way more expensive. The dealers use Autosmart Highstyle, I managed to get a 5L tub off my Autosmart rep for £20 which would only get you 2 bottles of Megs Endurance. Ive found that using a brush is the leading cause of splatter (the way the dealers do it). It basically overloads the tyre and it has nowhere to go but on your paint. I use a small sponge piece to wipe it around the tyre and then give a quick wipe with MF to reduce the chance of any splatter. Definitely works for me anyway

Interesting thread guys. :)

I use the Megs Endurance on mine.

Rather than spending loads on the tyre applicators you can buy, I just bought a bunch of the shoe cleaning applicators in one of the pound shops! ;)

Works just as well I find. :)

Is nice to see a clean tyre on the car. :)

Thanks for posting the info about this product the result looks really smart.

I had never heard of this product before and having done some research it seams to get good reviews.

Did you achieve that result cleaning the wheels on the car or did you have to take them off like one of the reviews I saw on you tube?

I took the wheels off and scrubbed the tyres thoroughly and cleaned the wheels themselves also, I then applied 3 coats with the wheel flat on the ground and this meant no runs at all!

That does seem the most sensible approach and the result is clearly worth it.

I look forward to hearing how the coating lasts, although I suspect I will be trying it out myself in the near future given how it looks.

Hopefully my attempt will replicate a similar result!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links