Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pic Needed Of Offside Gen 4 Wiper

My wipers on my GS300h were removed to facilitate some work. On reinstallaton the drivers side appears more visible in my line of sight than I remember it even though the wiper is as low as possible. Can somebody please post a pic of their offside wiper, preferably from above as I need to look specifically at the pivot point.

Any pics would be welcomed.

Thanks.

Peter

I probably didn't make myself very clear. The whole wiper arm is as low as it can go and is therefore hidden from sight. The pivot point sticks up into view and I don't remember it doing that before. Hopefully the pic below will show it.

Can anyone else confirm that theirs appears to be the same.

Cheers

Peter

22083304550_8e980911ca_k.jpgIMG_4120 by Peter, on Flickr

Can anybody confirm that their offside wiper arm looks like mine especially around the pivot point? I don't remember mine looking so cranked.

Thanks

Peter

• 1 month later...

Been a while but any chance of a pic of a Gen 4 offside wiper arm to compare with mine. GS's up my way are rarer than hen's teeth but I'd still like to see another Gen 4's wiper arm.

Thanks

Peter

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, an update on this. I managed to see another GS and my offside wiper is definitely not sitting right. On mine the pivot point on is visible from the drivers seat and, externally, the pivot point is almost touching the rear edge of the bonnet. On the other GS the pivot point is not visible from the drivers seat and there's a fat finger width between the pivot and bonnet.

Here's mine...

23504232749_bcf9327b6f_k.jpgUntitled by Peter, on Flickr

And the other GS...

23576421410_91e4ecdafd_k.jpgUntitled by Peter, on Flickr

I'm not sure what has happened to my wiper (started after it was removed by a window installer). I haven't they tried removing the wiper to see if anything is wrong.

Rayaans, I've not noticed it shaking but it doesn't clear water away very well, it's like it has a worn blade, which is not the case. Any suggestions?

Cheers

Peter

Rayaans, I've not noticed it shaking but it doesn't clear water away very well, it's like it has a worn blade, which is not the case. Any suggestions?

Cheers

Peter

It's the arm then and not the blade itself. Basically the fitter has either bent the arm or not fitted it correctly so there's not enough pressure on the screen

• 5 weeks later...

Sorted!  The Lexus Centre worked out that you had to load the spring under the pivot before tightening down.  Basically, you just pushed the arm down and tightened away.  Job done and sitting in the right place, i.e. out of site.  :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/01/2016 at 8:47 PM, Habu said:

Sorted!  The Lexus Centre worked out that you had to load the spring under the pivot before tightening down.  Basically, you just pushed the arm down and tightened away.  Job done and sitting in the right place, i.e. out of site.  :)

My drivers side wiper has been having issues recently too.  Its leaving 3 smears. It's not the wiper refill as ive replaced it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links