Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What I don't get is way are Lexus launching it so late, very strange, It should be out this summer/autumn not 2005, Plus once people see the new model the sales of the current GS will just drop, Usually car companies keep launch dates near when the old model goes out of production but this is big amount of time between an old model ending production and new model introduction, very odd.

My guess is that maybe Toyota Japan are putting together lots of new models to launch in Japan in 2005 when the Lexus brand name is used in Japan and the GS/Aristo model and maybe the next generation IS/Altezza and maybe other new Lexus models (revised SC, LX/LC100 and RX Hybrid ?!? ) will launch in 2005 all at the same time in Japan for a grand launch of the Lexus brand.

RX400h (the hybrid) will be with us Q4 this year.

A bit of inside info tho, I already have 5 orders for it, so if you want one you will need to be quick as there will be very limited availability this year.

On a similar note, I drove the Prius recently. I was amazed at the technology in that car. The future is here, goodbye diesel!

I borrowed the car from out Toyota dealership to let a customer see how it worked, he then promptly got his cheque book out!!

Kind regards

Ian

Ian, do you have any further info on the spec of the 400h. It was hoped for sub 7 second 0-60 and mid to high 30's mpg. This now seems to be lowered to sub 8 seconds 0-60 and lower mpg figures.

Seems like they still won't be able to compete with the diesels from other manufacturers on economy.

I quite like the new GS - but I wish Lexus would get a family face. Every Lex looks totally different from the front. In saying that though, I wouldn't want them to go down the same route Audi have (the A4 could also be an A6 and A8 from the front).

We don't have any firm figures on the RX400h yet but on the subject of fuel economy, you will only get 23mpg in real life in an X5d, I know, I had a demo when I worked with BMW!

The RX is currently the most fuel efficient petrol SUV in the UK and the RX400h will be the most fuel-efficient SUV full stop.

The acceleration will compete with V8 SUV’s X5 4.4i and ML500, in real life you can expect 18-20 mpg from them. I would expect the RX400h to be almost double! Now that’s a result!

The fact is, Lexus have the flexabilty to tune the car the way they want and we will only know for sure when they tell us and I will probably find out here :)

On the design, there is now a dedicated Lexus design team, the GS is a result of this and I would expect more of a family feel in future models. The last thing I would want is the S Class/ C Class thing where unless you are in the trade, you can’t tell the difference. Good if you have a C, bad if you are in an S!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links