Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Video About Using The Reversing Camera

Dim Tim

Hi all,

The manual has poor instructions about using the reversing camera on the CT200.

Despite searching I have been unable to find an online video explaning how to use it. Does anyone have any links to such a beast?

Hi Tim.

What type of reversing camera do you have? What do you need to know?

I thought it automatically showed a picture if the rear of the car when you select reverse. Lines on the graphic show the edges of the car and how close you are to things behind.

The one in my Advance shows in the rear view mirror and I use my wing mirrors first the get into a space between cars when parking, then the camera to see how far back to go. I think the one in the premier is similar but shows on the main screen. The lines on the graphic parallel to the rear of the car show distance to be able to open the boot etc. Experiment and you will find when to stop to give access to the boot.

It's one of those gadgets you think you didn't need till you have one.

Hope that helps.

https://safedriving.wordpress.com/2012/01/24/how-helpful-are-reverse-cameras/

Thanks Paul,

I have just tried to add my car to my profile, hmmm! Will try again later.

It's a CT200 Premier 2011 and I love it !

Anyway, the camera. There are a number of guide lines and different modes that can be used and It must be easier to use than we (wifey and me) are making of it so I have been looking for some instruction in the manual but that is pretty poor. Perhaps I'm too thick and will have to sit down and read/play with some effort.

I agree re the "don't need it" but waiting for the "gosh, makes life easier" bit.

Thanks anyway for coming back to me.

I have never used the screen which is supposed to help with parallel parking, all the flags are confusing!

However the normal reversing mode I would not be without. The two sets of line you get the first one which tends to be curved, shows the path that the car will follow if you keep the steering as it is - I find it useful if looking at the picture alone you think you are going to hit something a few feet away, but the curved line (think it's the blue one) shows that you will miss it if you keep on your current path. If you turn the wheel more you will see the blue line move in line with the steering input.

The yellow ones I think show if you straightend up where you would end up, I find when reversing in my drive to use the blue curved line as I swing into the drive to make sure I am not going to his the neighbours low hedge, then I turn the wheel to straighten up on the drive by getting the blue and yellow lines to line up together.

Now realise I may have got this wrong way round, but it's because with plenty of practice it becomes second nature. I hate reversing in all our other cars as non have the feature - even the little Smatt Car is more awkward to park.

Mny thanks Rich.

Guess it is a case of getting accustomed to it. I suppose when reversing without a camera one has to learn how to do it, so why not why not with a camera, just a different medium.

Cheers

the blue lines show you where you will end up and the yellow lines will move with the steering wheel.

so once the blue lines are where you want to be then straighten up and drive into your space,

an example would be reversing into a parking bay in a supermarket,you start reversing and get

the blue lines parallel to the white bay lines then you will be central in the bay straighten up and keep

reversing until the 1st line after the red line is at the back of the bay and STOP ,you will now have

enough room to get into the boot with your shopping.

i have an IS300h and have the flag system also ,this can be used to aid parallel parking between 2 cars

its complicated to explain just read the manual .

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links