Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Forum Look

Fargo

i know you cant please everyone and you're not finished yet and i dont wanna go one, i just wanna see the club site look great and at the mo i dont think it is, it was crisper, sharper and more pleasing to the eye before this grey revamp but i wont say anymore till its complete :shutit:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what - it hacks me off when people grumble about change. I see this EVERY fliipin day at work, where something new is implemented or something is changed and people moan....

But, what really narks me off....... THEY AREN'T PREPARED TO DO BUGGER ALL ABOUT IT. It's all very well saying this and that when you personally don;t know the amount of time and effort taken to get this stuff done.........

It's one thing giving CONSTRUCTIVE feedback - but to be down right critical and do nothing to help is plain ignorance.......

WELL BLOOMIN DONE MATT - I LIKE IT!

You know what - it hacks me off when people grumble about change. I see this EVERY fliipin day at work, where something new is implemented or something is changed and people moan....

But, what really narks me off....... THEY AREN'T PREPARED TO DO BUGGER ALL ABOUT IT. It's all very well saying this and that when you personally don;t know the amount of time and effort taken to get this stuff done.........

It's one thing giving CONSTRUCTIVE feedback - but to be down right critical and do nothing to help is plain ignorance.......

WELL BLOOMIN DONE MATT - I LIKE IT!

Well i dont wish to add more fuel to the fire but you cant really knock sumone for being honest.I dont think this thread was just created for the poeple who like the new look,personally i much prefered the old look,to me it looked more classy and more befitting the lexus name but i wasnt going to post my opinions because i didnt want to offend those who obviously spent a lot of time doing it.But to flame sumone for just giving there opinion kinda belittles the whole idea of a forum doesnt it?Plus the fact we pay a subscription to this great site (well the goldies do)and should be able to have our say whether it be posative or negative!

I can't see what all the negative feedback is about. Yes, the colours have changed and yes the navigational tools have been modified but it's not yet finished guys....give it some time. Constructive critism is fine with positive/improvement suggestions. Any change can be difficult, but give it some time...

I think this new look is great. As I've already stated in a previous post, it will take some getting use to but it's definitely a 100% improvment. Think about what new features we have now guys.

Improvment ideas are taken on-board and will be looked at.

Have I said how great the Garage is B)

the garage is PHENOM........... B)

stick links to ya garage on ya sig so i dont av to go lookin 4 ya car ;)

By the way!! your click here to go my garage ling doesnt work lol! other people get a "Sorry, you are not the owner of that vehicle!" error :)

Well i dont wish to add more fuel to the fire but you cant really knock sumone for being honest.I dont think this thread was just created for the poeple who like the new look,personally i much prefered the old look,to me it looked more classy and more befitting the lexus name but i wasnt going to post my opinions because i didnt want to offend those who obviously spent a lot of time doing it.But to flame sumone for just giving there opinion kinda belittles the whole idea of a forum doesnt it?Plus the fact we pay a subscription to this great site (well the goldies do)and should be able to have our say whether it be posative or negative!

Firstly - Flame someone? Who was I flamming? It was a general comment..... I pointed fingers at no one.

Secondly - this is my opinion. So, I can post my views in the same way someone who wants to critise the site can - positive and negative (as you said - other people are being honest, well so am I).....

Thirdly - My point was that constructive feedback is fine. I was referring to people (in general) who don;t back up their comments or aren't willing to help to make a difference....

I dont want this to turn into a slangin match but from your post you were obviously very annoyed at someone because you were using words like flippin and bugger and bloomin and in CAPS to.my point was.... they were stating there opinion on the board (which is what the thread was for) and you were stating your opinion on the members.

I dont want this to turn into a slangin match but from your post you were obviously very annoyed at someone because you were using words like flippin and bugger and bloomin and in CAPS to.my point was.... they were stating there opinion on the board (which is what the thread was for) and you were stating your opinion on the members.

Agree with you that a slanging match will not help anything.....

I was frustrated - you're right. And my frustration was taken out on people who post without supporting there critisism which doesn't help us help you....

I hope that clears up my view point....

Respect to the guys who are doing all this work!

You mentioned a couple of times that the site is not finished so you must have plans to change it - so, do you already know what you are going to change, and if so why dont you let us all know. If you dont have a plan, then you are probably going to listen to what we have to say, in which case if we give constructive comment then it can only help.

Either way let us know what your plans are and we can act accordingly

Cheers ;)

im sorry to offend anyone but i always go with honesty being the best policy. if im part of anything i want it to be great, i want this web site to be fantastic, at the moment i dont think it is and im just letting you know. i design things all day every day and certainly know what is involved.

ive already said i wont say anymore but then i came back and read more of this thread so apologies! it may well be fine when its all finished and i know it isnt yet. maybe if we'd had a taste of what was coming things may have been different?

all feedback is feedback and should be treated as such whether good or bad and it should certainly make you think whether you agree or not.

hugs n kisses :wub:

hmm I still dont think everyone will be pleased.

I have had alot of good comments.. i guess its a bit like marmite!

but for usability it is more or lress the same.. buttons have moved here and there.. juts like a new car.

few days and everyone will be like lil fonzies... and whats fonzy like??... cool.. he's cool!

in short i would like to see a 'View Active Topics' at the top of the page, over than being haing to go to the home page then clicking the viewe topics button..

done.

How about I stick it at the bottom of the forum too - so when you have read a thread, todays posts are only one click away mate?

:winky:

in short i would like to see a 'View Active Topics'  at the top of the page, over than being haing to go to the home page then clicking the viewe topics button..

done.

How about I stick it at the bottom of the forum too - so when you have read a thread, todays posts are only one click away mate?

nice one!!!! just need to change the colours back and where sawted :) just kidding :winky:

in short i would like to see a 'View Active Topics'  at the top of the page, over than being haing to go to the home page then clicking the viewe topics button..

done.

great, do it! :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links