Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Want To Buy Used Rx450H 2014/2015

Hi Everyone

This is my 1st post, so hope I'm doing this in the right place. I own a GS300, bought in 2009 when 2 years old and 20K on clock, now has 56K on clock. I am very happy with the car, no problems, serviced by local independent. However, I quite fancy the higher seating position of an SUV so had a test drive in an NX300H last week which I enjoyed but I don't want to pay the price of a new one and there are very few used ones about and still pricey. Even though I enjoyed the NX, when my wife and I got back into the GS, we both felt that there was a lot more space in the front cabin than in the NX, so now thinking about a used RX450H, miles 25K/30K, prices seem to be about £25K/£30K for years 2014/2015 depending on spec (don't want the Sport). I'd like to know what experiences forum members have had with the RX450H, how many miles their cars have done and if they would buy another one. Also what do you think of Lexus service centres in relation to the RX450H or do you go independent? The other way to go would be to buy a NEW Hyundai Tucson or Nissan Qashqai which I know is lower spec but at least would be new and for less money. All comments and advice very welcome. Thank you.

Hi Jeff and welcome to the LOC, we are a
friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and
put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer
left over.

We recommend you spend a couple of mins
looking over the rules of the LOC, we will be asking questions later.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Please note to sell on the LOC you need to be a Gold member.

Regards Mike.

• Like 1

The current model RX450H came out in 2012. Therefore, you'd be financially better off getting an early 201 or 2013 model rather than a 2014/15 model. There's not much difference between them.

They are pretty bulletproof in all honesty no major problems. I prefer having service done at the dealer but it's personal preference

However Im struggling to see any cars in your budget which are 2014/15 reg with the mileage you want on the Lexus website.

I wouldn't buy one of these from anyone but a Lexus dealer though unless you know what you're looking for.

And yes Im going to buy the new RX which is coming in January. Bear that in mind as it'll have a bigger impact on the more expensive current shape RX450Hs

http://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/used-RX/RX-450h/3.5-Advance/Leicester/3266466-605354536-1609628.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

http://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/used-RX/RX-450h/3.5-Advance/Derby/3266466-605320898-1913663.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

http://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/used-RX/RX-450h/3.5-Luxury/Coventry/3427895-605406992-1607078.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

Quite a few on Lexus website albeit slightly older than what you're wanting but I'd rather the piece of mind especially with the hybrids. They'll be under full warranty for atleast a year. Independent dealers warranty doesn't cover hybrid parts

• Like 1

The current model RX450H came out in 2012. Therefore, you'd be financially better off getting an early 201 or 2013 model rather than a 2014/15 model. There's not much difference between them.

They are pretty bulletproof in all honesty no major problems. I prefer having service done at the dealer but it's personal preference

However Im struggling to see any cars in your budget which are 2014/15 reg with the mileage you want on the Lexus website.

I wouldn't buy one of these from anyone but a Lexus dealer though unless you know what you're looking for.

And yes Im going to buy the new RX which is coming in January. Bear that in mind as it'll have a bigger impact on the more expensive current shape RX450Hs

http://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/used-RX/RX-450h/3.5-Advance/Leicester/3266466-605354536-1609628.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

http://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/used-RX/RX-450h/3.5-Advance/Derby/3266466-605320898-1913663.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

http://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/used-RX/RX-450h/3.5-Luxury/Coventry/3427895-605406992-1607078.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

Quite a few on Lexus website albeit slightly older than what you're wanting but I'd rather the piece of mind especially with the hybrids. They'll be under full warranty for atleast a year. Independent dealers warranty doesn't cover hybrid parts

Hi Rayaan, thanks for the response, yes I meant to say 2013/2014 in my price range. Also I would expect to be able to negotiate some discount from the asking prices of used as in my experience they are loaded somewhat to allow them to give a larger PX figure. I like the beige/Ivory interior of one of your suggestions, I have that now in the GS. Do you know anything about the problems I've read about with the small capacity Battery on the RX400h? has that be rectified on the 450h? I'm talking about the small Battery used to unlock the car a start the car not the hybrid Battery. Have read that leaving the doors or the hatch open for 30 minutes or so flattens the Battery, also leaving the car unused for 2/3 weeks has the same effect. Last but not least are you saying it might be better to wait a few months until the new RX has been out a while as used ones of the current model will reduce in price as more come onto the market? I very much appreciate your input. Thank you

Hi Rayaan, thanks for the response, yes I meant to say 2013/2014 in my price range. Also I would expect to be able to negotiate some discount from the asking prices of used as in my experience they are loaded somewhat to allow them to give a larger PX figure. I like the beige/Ivory interior of one of your suggestions, I have that now in the GS. Do you know anything about the problems I've read about with the small capacity battery on the RX400h? has that be rectified on the 450h? I'm talking about the small battery used to unlock the car a start the car not the hybrid battery. Have read that leaving the doors or the hatch open for 30 minutes or so flattens the battery, also leaving the car unused for 2/3 weeks has the same effect. Last but not least are you saying it might be better to wait a few months until the new RX has been out a while as used ones of the current model will reduce in price as more come onto the market? I very much appreciate your input. Thank you

If you're buying a 2013/14 model, the best time to buy would be now! Reason for this is - they want to get rid of stock to make way for the new RX. Also, its nearing the end of the quarter and you will be able to negotiate a good discount because of this.

Ive not heard of many reports of the RX450h losing Battery charge. I leave my car for 3 weeks every year when on holiday and it always starts up first time - mine is a 2012. The car also shuts all the lights off etc after 20 minutes or so to avoid discharging the Battery. The RX400h didn't do this .

With regard to my comment about waiting - that only applies for the expensive ones - i.e the 2015 cars over £42k. They'll take a huge hit.

You should be able to get maybe £1-3k off depending on how long theyve had the car and how much they want to sell.

What colour combo and spec are you looking for? Ill keep an eye out.

BTW the Advance at Lexus Derby - I wouldn't recommend it looking at that back seat - its been ripped apart.

However - here are the few with Beige leather in your budget:

http://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/used-RX/RX-450h/3.5-Luxury/Hedge-End/3427895-605262784-1607054.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

http://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/used-RX/RX-450h/3.5-Luxury/Derby/3427895-605320840-1913663.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

http://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/used-RX/RX-450h/3.5-Luxury/Bolton/3427895-605432774-1607042.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

• Like 1

Hello, forgive me, I may be mistaken. But didn't the 450 come out in 2010? Just wondering.

I have a 2007 RX400h, some people have had Battery issues when leaving a car for two weeks, but I never have and I use an Olympian auto chair hoist as well to get my mobility scooter in and out too.

At some point I'll upgrade to a 450 but I want the one with the running lights and smart entry and I think those features only came out in 2013.. But again I may be wrong.

Merry Christmas

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind waiting for a 2015 car if they are going to take a huge hit, not sure how long it would take to get down to say £30K? I think I'd be looking for a Luxury, beige interior a must, paint Mercury Grey, Silver, Burgundy or Mesa Red. I had noticed the blue one that's just arrived at Bolton even though there are no photos up yet, thought I might go and see it and get a test drive as I've not driven an RX yet. My local dealer hasn't got anything with beige and I would want to get a proper feel on a test drive with the beige. I'd noticed the back seat ripples on the Derby one you mentioned, but thought that was probably done by child seats but I agree it's best to get one where the leather is tight and smooth. It's a pity that the leather on the driver's seat eventually becomes floppy, but there you go!

Yes the RX450h came out in 2010 but its worth getting the facelift models as they look much classier with a better infotainment system. They drive better too as they've had some work done to the suspension in 2012.

Lexus Bolton is a great dealership, I wouldnt be surprised if they persuaded you to buy it!

The only problem with the Beige is its a PITA to clean, moreso the carpets than the seats - my 2004 RX had beige seats and carpets and I resorted to buying new mats every 2 years (kept the car for 8 years).

I wish they'd offer beige seats with black carpets and a black headliner - would be a great combo personally.

Jason - the daytime running lights came out in 2012 - not many early models out there though.

• Like 1

I agree about the beige carpets, mine are marked but I've got black mats which is ideal. We should start a petition to get the combo you described, would be perfect, BTW, I don't like the ivory seats in the NX as it is only the seat cushion and face of the seatback that is ivory, the rest is black and it does not look as good as all-over beige/ivory (imho). I also agree about the facelift, a big improvement.

HI jeffL welcome to the forum,there is a really nice grey RX Luxury with beige interior, roof rails and underruns all fitted and has less than 30,000 on the clock at Lexus coventry(Listers) at the minute and i think it is a 2013 model and up for £29995.It looks really well.

HI jeffL welcome to the forum,there is a really nice grey RX Luxury with beige interior, roof rails and underruns all fitted and has less than 30,000 on the clock at Lexus coventry(Listers) at the minute and i think it is a 2013 model and up for £29995.It looks really well.

Yh I put that one in the first post I posted.

Its temperamental though, sometimes it shows other times it doesnt for some reason.

Does this one work?

http://listers.co.uk/Used/Cars/Lexus/RX/450h_3.5_Luxury/197498

Thats a great example that one - Interior is in good condition and it has rear DVD players too. And the price is good too £29995. Id say you could get them to £27995!

The only thing I can see is that its had budget tyres fitted but apart from that its great. Get them to change the tyres and drop the price and its a winner!

• Like 2

rayaans, you mentioned budget tyres earlier. Should the RX450H have Dunlop SP Sports? I see one for sale with N Fera Rui tyres on it, is that what you call budget. Also how many miles do you get out of a set of tyres on your car? I'm not a racer, not one for fast away at the lights or cornering fast.

They were land sail. And as long as it's premium brand I wouldn't worry. Dunlop Bridgestone pirelli Continental Hankook michelin etc. It shows how much care the cars been given

And I got 27k out of dunlop sp sport. Michelins are looking more promising. Practically no wear in 7k miles

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links