Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New To Lexus, Newer To Rc-F

bit the bullet - delivered from Birmingham last week and so far so good. love the looks and the noise just need a summer now.

based in the North West of England.

Does anyone know of a Lexus performance driving day?

Steve.

post-54891-0-06130400-1450793577_thumb.j

• Like 1

Hi Steve, Wow what a beast, a great colour. Welcome to the LOC,

we are a friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and
put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer
left over.

We recommend you spend a couple of mins
looking over the rules of the LOC, we will be asking questions later.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Have a happy Christmas and a very Happy
Lexus New Year.

Regards Mike.

Hi Stu,

have tried many other vehicles - always been a porsche fan and will probably revert at some point so 991c2S was obvious choice. BMW lent me an M4 but found I had to have every button pressed to match my driving style, tried an RS5 for the day and apart from Launch control wasn't that impressed (bland interior), tried a Ghibli - way overpriced and an M5 is a better car plus many others......

Loved the bizarre look of the RC-F so went for the looks but love the interior and ML sound. Still have to learn to play with the TVD thingy-me-bob. Still not seen another one on the road = result.

Cheers

Steve.

• Like 1

Hi Stu,

have tried many other vehicles - always been a porsche fan and will probably revert at some point so 991c2S was obvious choice. BMW lent me an M4 but found I had to have every button pressed to match my driving style, tried an RS5 for the day and apart from Launch control wasn't that impressed (bland interior), tried a Ghibli - way overpriced and an M5 is a better car plus many others......

Loved the bizarre look of the RC-F so went for the looks but love the interior and ML sound. Still have to learn to play with the TVD thingy-me-bob. Still not seen another one on the road = result.

Cheers

Steve.

Hi Steve, not on the road, but down my drive :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Steve , Nice car !!

Iam looking at buying one tommrow and have taken it for a spin , nice and i am tempted. Can you let me know your thoughts on the transmision , i have heard shifts down can be a little funny . Also how bad is it on fuel ?

Cheers

Tim

i haven't had any issues with the transmission although i tend just to leave it in auto, i dont use manual mode much, as for m.p.g i tend to do a lot of short trips 5/7 miles and get around 18mpg, on a 25 mile trip consisting of 40% duel carriageway 60% town driving it went up to 21 mpg, on a 120 mile round trip mostly motorway 70 / 80 mph i got it up to 31 m.p.g

i have had the car 10 months now, and allthough i do love it, its really not me, i have never had a powerful car, it has never really interested me so i tend to drive it around like an old granny.lol. my last Lexus was a GS450h f sport which is more me, more of a luxury sedan, it looked quite plain but was a bit of a sheep in wolf's clothing and if need be went pretty quick.

the RC-F has quite a harsh ride compared to every other car i have had , but i did no that before i brought it and have kind of got use to it, there are only real two things i would change, firstly the heated and cooled seats are not anywhere as good as in the GS, but the seats are very comfortably, secondly it takes ages for the oil and transmission temperature to reach normal and have the use of the 7200 rev's, ( not that i use 7200 rev's) in this cool weather it takes a good 10/15 mins driving before its really ready to fly, i think the oil and transmission coolers in the front should have had flaps protecting them that could automatically open if the temperature got to hot. so it sounds like i have got the wrong car , may be, but as i said i love it and have no desire to change it.

I've had mine about 14 weeks and love it. I find the ride to be very smooth and the suspension to be much better resolved than the IS-F I had before; though the IS-F is known for its hard ride.

I use it in automatic and economy mode for cruising around, but often put it into Sport Sharp and use the paddles. This gives incredible acceleration and a wonderful noise. I find the gearbox to be excellent.

I'm averaging 25.1 mpg at the moment according to the readout. That includes many school runs and the occasional motorway trip in the 2700 miles driven so far. I too get well over 30mpg on a long run.

The attention is gets may be a positive or negative point for you. In 5 years of IS-F I had only a handful of comments. Now I get attention at least once a week, with plenty of people asking about the car and taking photos.

The only downside for me, and it is slight negative, is the room in the back. But since the alternative was an F-Type which had no rear seats at all, having somewhere where a 5'9" passenger can travel in relative comfort for 2 hours is a bonus. As I'm 6'4", there is no room behind my seat though.

Where are you thinking of buying from Tim?

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like all the owners are in the north west (I'm in Cheshire)

Mine goes in March, after 6 months and about 5K miles.

Lots to love about it but for me it kind of falls between two stools, not an out and out sports car or fully practical  family car **

I always think its the perfect sports car for a 65+ year old, fast, loud, comfy, ultra reliable...kind of a better M6, Merc SL, F-type etc.

I find the rear seats fantastic coming from 911's

And to encourage the temperatures to warm up in these cold winter mornings, try leaving it in sport, it holds slightly higher revs (lower gears) and I find it halves the time before the heating is up to use.

Ive got a range rover sport coming for comfy daily duties....and a 12c spider for high days :yahoo:

The only problem with leaving it in sports mode to walm it up in half the time is that it will only then take you half the time to get to your destination.lol

i live in the south east, kent

Sorry to late/lack of replies to this thread.  

Still getting used to the RC-F but find it suits my driving style to have it constantly in Sport and then drop it into Sport + when playing.  Would be good to find a driving school that has an RC-f to be able to push it to the limits on track!

Have to say though I'm not sure how long it will stay as I drove past an AM dealer in Leeds and still have the whim of owning one - need to get a Summer out the way with the RC-F.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links