Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Help Needed !

Ive been to view a Lexus IS200 SE today, Just a few things that seem different than others i have seen, is that it had no sunroof, is this an optional extra as i thought it was standard? Also it has gold badges as opposed to silver, does this mean anything as the dealer mentioned something about it might be an irish import. There is nothing on the log book about it being an import though....

can anyone help!

Well the spoiler and tinted rears are only on the 'sport' model.

It is strange, as the SE has the sunroof as standard, perhaps one of our irish members could let us know the spec for their SE.

You said it has leather, i am assuming you mean 1/2 leather 1/2 suede electric heated seats (otherwise, it is likely to be a japanesse Tezza)

It wont cause any ownership complications, I once owned an 'irish import' *cough* ford *cough*..

But things to bear in mind:

The registration (e.g. Y-reg) may not be the age of the car, it is possible the car is older than its reg.

When you come to sell it, you will be selling a car that has a lower spec than any other IS SE, and as such, may incure a 'price' penalty.

I'm from the Republic originally and there are three different variants of the IS200 there. There is an IS200 Chenille, Executive and Sport. None of these models could be exactly compared to any UK IS200's but there are some similarities.

The Chenille model would probably be near identical to the UK IS200 S. The Sport is similar to the UK one in that it has the LSD, shiny scuff plates/pedals and privacy glass but the sunroof and half leather is optional. Don't think it has the headlamp washers or electric seats and no rear spolier

The Executive has full leather I think and walnut bits in the door cards and perhaps electric seats (not sure about sunroof) and I think that it is probably the best equipped IS200 in Ireland.

I think that Lexus changed the spec of these Irish cars in 2002/2003 so that some of the things that were standard on earlier IS200's were now options. I know the sunroof was standard on 1999-2001 Sports but not now as I know a guy who bought a new Sport in 2003 and hasn't got one.

This is to keep the price of the car down as cars prices are crazy in Ireland due to a Registration Tax imposed by the government. e.g. a new IS200 Sport costs around €45000 which is equal to about £31000 GBP :ph34r:

Gavin :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links