Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nasty Sound

Stu

There is a very nasty 'knocking' like noise coming from the left side (can't figure out if it's the front or rear) of the IS when i go over bumps, even small bumps make the noise, it's been happening for a couple of days now, and i'm stumped as to what it is!

I've just booked it in at Lexus Norwich for tomorrow at 4pm, but was wandering if anyone had any ideas as to what it could be?

Stu

Have the ball joints checked

Will do, it's in tomorrow, so with any luck it'll be sorted!

Stu

please let us know the outcome mate. I too am experiencing the same prob and have been told everything from moving pads in the calipers to ball joints.

Have the ball joints checked

Will do, it's in tomorrow, so with any luck it'll be sorted!

Stu

please let us know the outcome mate. I too am experiencing the same prob and have been told everything from moving pads in the calipers to ball joints.

will do, it'll be tomorrow though.

Stu

Well, the diagnosis was that the front passenger side shock absorber has gone.

they have taken the warranty details to start the process about who pays for it, probably them, and hopefully they will replace both front shock absorbers and not just one.

So the next big question i have is.......................

What courtesy car should i request?! :yawn::whistling: :P (bear in mind i have to insure it for the day!)

Stu

hi stu,

ive just had my is in for the same problem and they replaced both front shocks under the extended warranty , it feels like a different car now ,(like new again) i am really pleased with it and no noises

my dealer lent me a new is200 se

hope all goes well

see ya on the 25th

john

• 4 weeks later...
Ball joints,shocks can be a surprise at MOT time they can produce a steering failure if not in good shape, cheers, gds

My brand new IS started knocking when going over humps after 3 mths. Send in to the dealer here in Singapore and after toying around for 2 days :angry: , they gave up and changed the suspension anyway. Got the knock back after 1 day. Can anyone enlighten what could be the other causes?

Ball  joints,shocks can be a surprise at MOT time they can produce  a steering failure if not in good shape, cheers, gds

My brand new IS started knocking when going over humps after 3 mths. Send in to the dealer here in Singapore and after toying around for 2 days :angry: , they gave up and changed the suspension anyway. Got the knock back after 1 day. Can anyone enlighten what could be the other causes?

I had more or less similar problem, and in my case the cause was loose bolt of the front sway bar. They tightened it when the car was in 60,000km service and now it's back to normal again. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links