Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

hi

these are the alloys which were fitted to the ls400s which had the Dynamic Handling Pack (DHP) - This meant slightly lower ride height and wider tyres which gave the car a slightly firmer ride and better handling when cornering - if your car is DHP then these are correct.

The normal 400s had the 5 shallow spoke alloys.

I bought my car with the option of retaining the DHP stuff and decided to have the car supplied to me reverted back to original.

You might be able to find some stuff on here somewhere about this from when I bought the car from ACLex on here in June 2011

There are pictures on here to of both styles for my actual car.

The suspension set-up was totally different for both, DHP didn't have conventional springs for a start !

Malc

I bought my car with the option of retaining the DHP stuff and decided to have the car supplied to me reverted back to original.

You might be able to find some stuff on here somewhere about this from when I bought the car from ACLex on here in June 2011

There are pictures on here to of both styles for my actual car.

The suspension set-up was totally different for both, DHP didn't have conventional springs for a start !

Malc

does'nt have springs? i thought it was spring but stiffer . . . .

Cruisermark ............. well, I don't know !. All I do know is that when ACLex replaced the suspension stuff he had to re-use the old springs which he had stored before he did the conversion and one was cracked and it cost him ( he was the parts manager at Lexus Poole ) £100+ for one new spring. :zorro:

So I had just assumed ( probably wrongly ) that conventional springs weren't the order of the day for DHP

Malc

I've always thought the DHP models looked better. I gather the ride is slightly firmer and the road noise slightly higher, which could compromise two of the 400's best features, but maybe if you've never had a standard version you wouldn't notice? I think tyres are more expensive though.

They were not only for the DHP option available. They have been around as extras since 1995.

Modell 1995 - O.Z.Wheel 54007001+ Dunlop SP Sport 2020 E 225/55R17 97W:

1995%20ls400._zpse9p869e5.jpg

Lexus%20LS400%20Front_zpsrkoiqfqg.jpg

_57_zpsjutiiqad.jpg

Radtyp: 54007001 ....produced by O.Z. for Lexus in ???

17" [8Jx17 H2] the offset is ET40

A DHP equipped car has (as gleaned from elsewhere on this forum)

- Spring compression rate +10%

- Height -10mm all round

- Rear anti roll bar +1mm (thicker that is) to aid turn in

- 17 inch O.Z. wheels + Tires Pirelli P Zero 245/50x17

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links