Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello All. As some will know I recently sold my 430. Buyer just emailed that this error is now showing. has anyone knowledge of the probable cause / possible fix. I don't remember seeing any posts about this while I was active. thanks William

There is a known problem with the radar cruise control ECU which flags up this error.

Check the receiver behind the front grill and located between the 2 horns for build up of crud/dirt and clean if required and make sure the grill itself is clear, other than that it may well be the ECU which is a known defect with a Toyota TSB issued for the replacement of it although given the age of the car I doubt Lexus would repair under warranty if this is the case.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-3rd-gen-2001-2006/371689-help-pcs-check-system-cruise-check-system-errors-2.html

I had this warning on my LS600hl..... Turned out I had fitted my dash cam in front of sensor on top of windscreen which threw up the error, as soon as I repositioned dash cam The error went away.....Unsure where the sensors are on 430 but 600 are top of windscreen either side of rear view mirror and behind front and rear bumpers

There is a known problem with the radar cruise control ECU which flags up this error.

Check the receiver behind the front grill and located between the 2 horns for build up of crud/dirt and clean if required and make sure the grill itself is clear, other than that it may well be the ECU which is a known defect with a Toyota TSB issued for the replacement of it although given the age of the car I doubt Lexus would repair under warranty if this is the case.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-3rd-gen-2001-2006/371689-help-pcs-check-system-cruise-check-system-errors-2.html

Thanks Steve, the car was Lexus Dealer serviced at the time TSB issued, so I would think it was uprated then.

Buyer lives in country and drives like Jenson Button so I think (hope) it's just weather / road muck. William

I had this warning on my LS600hl..... Turned out I had fitted my dash cam in front of sensor on top of windscreen which threw up the error, as soon as I repositioned dash cam The error went away.....Unsure where the sensors are on 430 but 600 are top of windscreen either side of rear view mirror and behind front and rear bumpers

Thanks Graham, I don't know if dash cam fitted but I think buyer is checking this forum now, so can check for obstructions.William

Mine has everything I think? Nav Bluetooth voice ect how do I find out without driving into the back of somebody.

Ye Phil, if you see radar ready when you engage cruise, top spec had keyless entry and go, soft closing doors, rear screen and side window blinds, a fridge, and power seats in the rear. William

He will need a scaner to check faults. On my car it was 2 of the oxygen sensors.

Hi Jake, thanks for reply, can you give more information. William
Hi William, best to keep it simple , any good garage can plug into the car and check the fault codes. If there are a few codes coming up they will need to back track through them to get the code causing the problem . I find the lads in the lexus garage in Galway a great help.

Sorry William just remembered my warning light was the vsc. The heads not what it used to be.

Mine has everything I think? Nav Bluetooth voice ect how do I find out without driving into the back of somebody.

Ye Phil, if you see radar ready when you engage cruise, top spec had keyless entry and go, soft closing doors, rear screen and side window blinds, a fridge, and power seats in the rear. William

Yes. Has everything but don't recall anything coming up on dash apart from cruise.

Yes. Has everything but don't recall anything coming up on dash apart from cruise.

hi

phil only the facelift 430s came ACC Adaptive Cruise Control or Radar Cruise Control - in tends to be limited to 55 and 06 plate cars.

The easiest way to tell is to look at the grill - the ones which have have a clear rectangle around the logo like this overpriced example at Lexus coventry:

http://www.raccars.co.uk/used-lexus/ls/details-12279809/lexus-ls-430-4-3-v8-4dr-auto-acc-pcs

if you then lift the bonnet you will see a square box behind the grill which contains the electrical gubbins for the ACC

then as someone mentioned above when you press cruise a picture of a car with road markings comes up and says cruise ready.

hope this helps

He will need a scaner to check faults. On my car it was 2 of the oxygen sensors.

Hi Jake, thanks for reply, can you give more information. William
Hi William, best to keep it simple , any good garage can plug into the car and check the fault codes. If there are a few codes coming up they will need to back track through them to get the code causing the problem . I find the lads in the lexus garage in Galway a great help.

Sorry William just remembered my warning light was the vsc. The heads not what it used to be.

No problem Jake, you are ready to help which is what matters, and in keeping with the spirit of this forum. William

hi

phil only the facelift 430s came ACC Adaptive Cruise Control or Radar Cruise Control - in tends to be limited to 55 and 06 plate cars.

The easiest way to tell is to look at the grill - the ones which have have a clear rectangle around the logo like this overpriced example at Lexus coventry:

http://www.raccars.co.uk/used-lexus/ls/details-12279809/lexus-ls-430-4-3-v8-4dr-auto-acc-pcs

if you then lift the bonnet you will see a square box behind the grill which contains the electrical gubbins for the ACC

then as someone mentioned above when you press cruise a picture of a car with road markings comes up and says cruise ready.

hope this helps

Thanks Mark, a square box behind the grill which contains the electrical gubbins for the ACC

The weather in Ireland has been very bad with a lot of floods, perhaps this is the culprit.

If the ecu is in the grove box, what is this unit called, anyone know?

I think may be better to have car checked for error codes before buying ecu. William

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links