Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

I was just wondering whether the Lexus IS220d /200d share same parts as the Toyota Avensis, they seem quiet similar and wondering whether parts share the same part number if thats case then surely we could walk into toyota dealership parts department and order the same parts for slightly less?

It's bit like VW using the same parts in their Audi models.

4 minutes ago, i_786_i said:

The lexus parts dept in woodford is actually toyota as they have showrooms next to each other...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I have been showroom in toyota, its quiet treck for me  take over an hour to do like 15 miles, when i got a dealership a toyota dealership 6 miles from me  and a lexus 9 miles. i was just wondering whether there is actually price difference. I'm sure lexus add a bit more margin on to certain items.

Im just curious i dont actually need any parts at present.

It does happen, there is a known problem with the LS steering position motors, the same part is used in other Toyota cars and is considerably cheaper than the Lexus price.

On the other hand mine is  JDM import model and if I use the Toyota part number it costs more than the same part under Lexus.

There are also other options like buying from the USA or the likes of Amayama, even with import charges and shipping considerable savings can still be made.

• Like 1

Thanks Steve, that's quite interesting and surprising a part costs more from toyota than lexus.

I guess it's cheaper from the USA but have to wait a while to receive it?

There are some shared parts, but there is really not much similarity between IS and Avensis - the Avensis is front wheel drive for a start (IS is rear wheel drive, in case you didn't know! :-)  ). Engines (petrol at least - Avensis uses 4 cyl petrol engines, IS250 is V6)), gearboxes and running gear are completely different. So are the interiors. You would need a pretty detailed parts list to identify common parts and dealers (either way) certainly won't help.

1 minute ago, johnatg said:

There are some shared parts, but there is really not much similarity between IS and Avensis - the Avensis is front wheel drive for a start (IS is rear wheel drive, in case you didn't know! :-)  ). Engines (petrol at least - Avensis uses 4 cyl petrol engines, IS250 is V6)), gearboxes and running gear are completely different. So are the interiors. You would need a pretty detailed parts list to identify common parts and dealers (either way) certainly won't help.

lol Yeah I know IS is rear wheel drive and the Avensis is front wheel drive, I was just thinking along they could be using same diesel engines

I dont think we need to worry about the interior parts the IS is quite a solid car in my opinion.

1 hour ago, johnatg said:

You're dead right there, the Vauxhall main dealer in Wakefield, on the very odd occasion I had to visit, had the most miserable, morose and unhelpful staff I have ever come across.

I told one advisor to stick a part where the sun don't shine after getting fed up of his tutting, sighing and the shaking of his head.

The Lexus dealer in Bradford were polar opposite. I have only spoke to them on the phone. They were so chatty and polite I couldn't get off the phone :lol:

To be fair, I wasn't, in this instance, casting aspersions on individual parts counter staff as much as trying to imply that as a matter of company policy Toyota are not going to encourage either Toyota or Lexus employees to help parts buyers identify common parts so that they can pay a (lower?) Toyota price.

Actually Japanese car companies in general do less parts bin raiding than is common in say, the VW group (VAG) , Ford and GM groups - there are exceptions though (eg the Aygo was a Peugeot 107/Citroen C1 clone and built in the same factory, previous generation Mazda3 had a lot of commonality with the Ford Focus, Mazda2 was a Fiesta clone and Nissan share parts with Renault)

But mostly, Japanese design teams do their own thing and I'm sure that there was little cooperation between Avensis and Lexus designers.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, johnatg said:

To be fair, I wasn't, in this instance, casting aspersions on individual parts counter staff as much as trying to imply that as a matter of company policy Toyota are not going to encourage either Toyota or Lexus employees to help parts buyers identify common parts so that they can pay a (lower?) Toyota price.

Actually Japanese car companies in general do less parts bin raiding than is common in say, the VW group (VAG) , Ford and GM groups - there are exceptions though (eg the Aygo was a Peugeot 107/Citroen C1 clone and built in the same factory, previous generation Mazda3 had a lot of commonality with the Ford Focus, Mazda2 was a Fiesta clone and Nissan share parts with Renault)

But mostly, Japanese design teams do their own thing and I'm sure that there was little cooperation between Avensis and Lexus designers.

I always thought the 107 and C1 copied the Aygo clearly I was wrong. I have driven both the Aygo and 107 both crap and pieces of plastic  & metal stuck together lol I love my big luxury cars too much.

12 hours ago, jayt13 said:

I always thought the 107 and C1 copied the Aygo clearly I was wrong. I have driven both the Aygo and 107 both crap and pieces of plastic  & metal stuck together lol I love my big luxury cars too much.

I think he IS saying they are the same car, different badging, similarly to the Citigo, Mii and Up👍

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links