Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

Been looking at a 2011 Gs450 se L looks quite tasty but it says the sat nav is HDD  but no  Mark Levinson is there much difference as i have also seen a 2010 SE L which has Marl Levison but is DVD based I know it must be for speed but my 55 reg GS300 is pretty nifty with the display but is old type graphics and mine is non ML

Could any of you learned gentlemen explain the difference or have they gone away from ML

Thanks

Robert

A car, even a quiet one, is not the ideal environment for listening to music. Here is a quote from a forum thread "Standard 8 speaker audio".

On 19 November 2015 at 7:21 PM, steveledzep said:

Up to a week ago I had an IS250 with ML music system. I've just changed to an IS250C with the Pioneer unit and 11 speakers (I think ?).

I only listen to CDs or Radio 4, so the DAB vs FM doesn't really affect me.

I don't detect a difference of enjoyment between the old ML system and this one. More than adequate for the noisy environment of a car.

I must add that I'm a little fussy where music playback is concerned as I have a dedicated listening room at home with a very competent HiFi system.

In summary, I wouldn't pay the extra for the ML system in a heavily compromised car environment.

I remember a series of letters some years ago in an electronics magazine about some special £50 resistors being used to load magnetic pick-up cartridges used for playing records. (I said it was some years ago.) Even special resistors were only 2p or so at that time. The person who had paid £100 for two resistors (one per channel) wrote to say the improvement was amazing and well worth the money. Various letters for and against were published until one said that if you had paid £100 for two resistors that cost 5p you were not going to admit that they gave no improvement at all.

Whatever you like best and are prepared to pay for?

John

does the 450 not have a rev counter as i was looking at the pics on autotrader and it looked like it was measuring volts or watts or whatever saw nothing about rpm

and are they quiet when the engine kicks in, as my gs300 is silky quiet

TIA

And possibly also for Americans?

I think the version sold in the USA had a rev counter instead of the wattmeter.

I am not sure what the revcounter would tell you (except the revs that is) as the CVT will work to hold the engine at the most efficient revs

John

My SE-L does play video DVDs although not whilst in motion. I think it can probably mange MP3s and other stuff recorded on DVDs too although I have never tried it.

You first post mentioned SatNav based on DVD or HDD. I don't know what the pros and cons for these two systems are although neither is going to be very good if the data is out of date.

John

thanks for that gents

another point how does the aircon/heating work if engine not running

i am getting a bit giddy now i think i may go ahead but one thing its down south and im in yorkshire

and a telecon with dealer said my car worth around 4.2k i thought ide get about 4.8 as it is very good condition but ill try and find one nearer

robert

Air con is electric the heating will work without the engine running as long as the engine is hot, if for example you sit in a traffic jam for a long time and the engine starts to cool down the engine will start up. every thing is electric, including the servo brakes which in most cars will not work if the engine is not running, 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links