Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX400h in hindsight forget the Moon Roof!

Hi Folks,

Would any Rx400h owners agree that we are better off without the darn moon roof? I mean given all the blockage problems and water ingress, coupled with the distinct lack of UK sun, does anybody really need it!

Anybody got a good reason why a moon roof is still a must on the RX400h experience? 

Regards

Hi. I have a sunroof in mine and never had any issues with it. Still got plenty of head room too. The only observation i have is the RX 450 with the panoramic roof seems have a lot less Headroom I've noticed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I never experienced problems with the sunroof in my 400h. I wonder if issues are related to where your car is parked, i.e. near trees... I did use the sunroof fairly regularly, but mainly to let the heat escape quicker after the car was parked in the sun for a while. Also I liked the additional light it let into the car on dull days. I would have loved a 450h with the panoramic roof for that latter reason, however my two teenage sons disagreed because of the reduced headroom at the back.

• Like 1

I like cars with moon roofs, mainly cos they let more light into the car and when cruising allow for much needed ventilation without too much road noise (tilted, not wide open!) - touch wood, I've not had any issues on my '53 plate RX, but after recent posts, I'll be keeping my eyes open to nip any issues in the bud...

Not yet had any problems with my "sun" roof, (fingers firmly crossed).   When listing criteria before purchase I specified silver finish and black interior as being the most user friendly, ( I am not a fanatical car cleaner).   However when looking at/sitting in many 400`s over an extended period we both commented on how dark the interiors were on those with the black leather & carpets.   This is no doubt exacerbated by the privacy glass in the rear.   SWMBO finally made the stipulation that if it was to be a black interior then it must have the sun roof to raise the interior light level.   Result !   Happy wife and I still don't have to spend all my time cleaning the dam thing.   I do make a point of cleaning out the roof recess and squirting water down the drains when I do finally acknowledge the need to clean the car.   Just my thoughts. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, steve2006 said:

JDM versions tend not to have them but UK and USA markets do, same with the seats cloth ones are more common in Japan.

Read somewhere that Japanese and other far eastern customers are not keen on leather seats. Something to do with the high humidity and leather sticking to sweating bums.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links