Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Exhaust pipes

I was the very happy owner of a 2014 f sport is300h until before Christmas when some decided to drive into the side of my car. 

Every cloud has a sliver lining as they say and after a short consideration I decided to order a new f sport just before Christmas and I am currently awaiting delivery in mid April. I went with a white f sport with a few minimal extras. I was very happy with my previous car so I did not have to look too far for its replacement.

The only draw back I have with the is300h in the looks department is the fact that the model for sale here in Ireland has the exhaust pipes covered behind the rear bumper. What I am trying to figure out is if anyone has tried to replace the black moulding on the bottom of the rearbumper and replace it with a diffuser and new exhaust pipes. I would love to see some pictures and where the parts were sourced if possible. Also wondering if it was a big job or a diy??

I know not everyone is going to be a lover of this topic, and each to their own, but I got some great help on this site prior to my first purchase and I regularly follow this forum for tips. 

Thanks, 

Kieran.

6 hours ago, Tel said:

Parts readily available!  IS 250.

Tel

The rear diffuser of the IS250 will fit no problem. However, you may have to check the exhaust setup as the IS250 has a spare tyre which may mean the backbox is  more proximal

1 hour ago, Kiedee said:

Thanks very much for the replys everyone, 

edward I am aware of the TRD parts but I'm just not a fan of that rear bumper style.

Don't know how expensive it'll be but you could go to a custom exhaust shop and see if they'd be able to cut off the curved section of the pipes and fit some tips on

On 5/2/2016 at 3:06 AM, Kiedee said:

I was the very happy owner of a 2014 f sport is300h until before Christmas when some decided to drive into the side of my car. 

Every cloud has a sliver lining as they say and after a short consideration I decided to order a new f sport just before Christmas and I am currently awaiting delivery in mid April. I went with a white f sport with a few minimal extras. I was very happy with my previous car so I did not have to look too far for its replacement.

The only draw back I have with the is300h in the looks department is the fact that the model for sale here in Ireland has the exhaust pipes covered behind the rear bumper. What I am trying to figure out is if anyone has tried to replace the black moulding on the bottom of the rearbumper and replace it with a diffuser and new exhaust pipes. I would love to see some pictures and where the parts were sourced if possible. Also wondering if it was a big job or a diy??

I know not everyone is going to be a lover of this topic, and each to their own, but I got some great help on this site prior to my first purchase and I regularly follow this forum for tips. 

Thanks, 

Kieran.

hi Kieran,

Four of our Club Lexis fellows went for the AIMGAIN diffuser, pretty easy to paint and fit, it gives the Lexus a pretty distinctive look. I ordered 4 kits from Japan, and took care of all paperwork myself to get them up to La Havre in France. I would recommend these japanese parts ... only drawback is that they are a bit expensive.

308207P1040988bis.jpg

http://forum.clublexis.com/viewtopic.php?id=18420&p=6

Feel free to contact me if you need any inputs.

54 minutes ago, wongerico said:

What price region are we talking ft the aim gain?

With Shipping fees and various taxes, the kit ends up at about £ 870.

The pricing was exactly my next question but someone got there before me. Thanks! I'm in Ireland so I wonder would I have to pay extra taxes on it. Plus the diffuser looks like it needs to be painted as well which is an extra cost.

Just wanted to ask as well, when u say kit what is need because it looks like da pipe are only a front for the originals behind. Does it effect the performance and noise from the car.

thanks again, 

kieran 

11 minutes ago, Kiedee said:

The pricing was exactly my next question but someone got there before me. Thanks! I'm in Ireland so I wonder would I have to pay extra taxes on it. Plus the diffuser looks like it needs to be painted as well which is an extra cost.

Just wanted to ask as well, when u say kit what is need because it looks like da pipe are only a front for the originals behind. Does it effect the performance and noise from the car.

thanks again, 

kieran 

In France we have to pay the VAT (20%) and import taxes for japanese parts. And do not think you would have to pay much more in Ireland.

AIMGAIN_Photo_1.png

AIMGAIN_Photo_3.png

It has absolutely no effect on the noise and or performance.

3 hours ago, Kiedee said:

thanks again, 

kieran 

Painting should be around £400-600 if done properly. Ive noticed that the paint on the rear diffuser doesnt match very well on both, the grey and the white car as I presume its not been blended in around the bumper or the sides?!

30 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Painting should be around £400-600 if done properly. Ive noticed that the paint on the rear diffuser doesnt match very well on both, the grey and the white car as I presume its not been blended in around the bumper or the sides?!

Uraya!_Lexus.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links