Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all

i am desperate to get another Lexus and looking at a very clean GS300 on an 03 plate. The car has a ML hifi (or his name written on the front of the audio unit!)

i appreciate that anything related to sound is a subjective opinion but is there an appreciable difference between it and the standard OE audio?

i think the standard has 7 speakers including a sub on the rear parcel shelf. Does the  ML have more speakers or higher output etc?

thanks

Patrick

I had a GS 450h 2008 and the ML stereo was wonderful, for some sides better than ML stereo I have now on my GS 300h: the only problem is no USB connection, so you have to connect audio source via audio cable.

I had a ML system on my previous IS250 SE-L but just have the standard kit on my present IS250C SE-L.

To be honest, I hear little difference.  A motor vehicle is not the ideal environment to be judging HiFi issues :rockon:

I think you'd need to hear the same generation system with and without ML. I thought the MK2 GS the standard system sounded great, but in the 3rd Gen the ML sounds a lot better to me than the standard "premium" audio.

5 hours ago, PatrickC said:

Thanks for that. I guess I wanted to know if a mk 2 gs300 with ML has more than the standard 7 speakers in it

It has an 8 speaker system, there is a centre speaker with the ML system. The headunit is the same, the ML system gets different amps and speakers.

It depends on the model for example there was barely any difference on the IS 3rd gen whereas I can hear some difference in the RX 3rd gen. Havent tested the 4th Gen RX one out back to back yet though.

The only way you'll know is if you listen to it. However, if the car is already fitted with it and you like the car - obviously just buy it :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links