Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi , I want to buy something nice for me and after a month of searching I was stuck between few cars: bmw 320/520, audi a6, insignia and lexus is220 diesel. 

I know I don't make to much mileage but I'm for a diesel ( now i have a saab 1.9tid 2006 120bhp with 204k miles on dash).

In my day and night crazy searching I tend the winner to be lexus , but still I'm confused because of so many complains about : not good mileage , head gasket issues, 5ft injector and small space for passanger.  

My budget is around 5000£ and on that money I found is220 from 2006-2008 with 80k-103k miles on the dash . It will worth to go for this car ? It is so bad this engine ? I'm looking for a model with leather and nav , they are all have mark levinson audio system ? What model should I look for: SE , SE-L ?

Thanks

Remember
to reply to this thread offering anything for sale you need to be a Gold Member otherwise it is against the terms and conditions of the LOC. It also applies to private messages offering articles/car for sale.

Hi  Constantin and welcome to the LOC, we are a friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer left over.

I cant help with your present query but I'm sure someone will be along ASAP.

We recommend you spend a couple of mins looking over the rules of the LOC, we will be asking questions later

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Regards Mike.

Word of advice, avoid the is220d like plague unless you will be doing like over 20k miles a year otherwise I would recommend the is250 instead. I been driving diesels all my life for over 15 years the is220d is by far the worst diesel I've ever owned, never again!

Good luck

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Hi con welcome to loc, I had is220d se-l 2006 for 2yrs, not bad car to drive but bit sluggish, if u gonna do just local miles then aviod is220d, my dpf got blocked twice due to local driving, it's only good if ur gonna do high miles.i got is250 now better car to drive, smooth, good smooth gearbox. Mpg is almost same as my is220d, all depends on ur driving habits. With such high mileage probably gonna get hg,egr,dpf etc etc problems, is250 even with  high mileage never heard anyone with problems as long it's been looked after properly.i sold my is220d se-l with 93k on clock,didn't have any major problem as mentioned that y I sold it as didn't  want to find out. Good luck 

Thanks for your replay , for town I will still have the saab that I using everyday on my work. I want my next car just for trips . What it was the mileage on 220 and what is it on 250? I seen on autotrader two type of 250 , one with a 400 road tax and another little bit cheaper , what is the difference?  

Manual is 400 tax auto 290. I picked my car from lexus Plymouth and drove to essex, which was 260 miles was averaging 40 mpg which I thought was good for v6 as was getting same in my is220d on long run.

for the love of god dont get a diesel, for long trips the petrol is just as good on petrol as the diesel anyway.  I would advise you take a drive in both, you will soon make your mind up.

Oh I know a test drive will be nice , but if I'm going to dealer they will have just new cars ( and I will be to sick if I will drive a new lexus ) , I star to look on the roads lexus maybe I can stop someone and have a chat, but nothing , I can't see to many in this city. Anyone close to Hereford ? I have 2-3 weeks to decide ( Monday I'm going in holiday ) . I don't know if it is nice to say I like shape of 520, insignia, a6, but lexus is the only one with good toys on it . And I like a car with good factory sound system . Still I want to know some real fuel consumptions from some owners of 220/250 thanks.

If you are ever near Hampshire way, you can have a look at my 220d.

As far as fuel consumption, mine varies greatly depending on whether I use it in London traffic or on a motorway journey.  Around town I am managing about 25-28mpg.  On the motorway run, 45-50mpg if you drive carefully.  At the moment I am doing a mix of both types of trip, so am averaging 38-40mpg.

How many miles a year do you think you will cover?  If it is not a lot then the 250 really is the way to go. 

14 hours ago, cons said:

Oh I know a test drive will be nice , but if I'm going to dealer they will have just new cars ( and I will be to sick if I will drive a new lexus ) , I star to look on the roads lexus maybe I can stop someone and have a chat, but nothing , I can't see to many in this city. Anyone close to Hereford ? I have 2-3 weeks to decide ( Monday I'm going in holiday ) . I don't know if it is nice to say I like shape of 520, insignia, a6, but lexus is the only one with good toys on it . And I like a car with good factory sound system . Still I want to know some real fuel consumptions from some owners of 220/250 thanks.

If you can sacrifice the leather and some toys, while still getting a decent blue tooth sound system, you could pay a bit more and go for high mileage is200d. Mine gives me mid 30's around town (dropping to high 20's on cold mornings) and 50's mpg on motorway runs.

I just drive few minutes ago one , one guy is selling here a smashed is220d . Mileage :23mpg around town, coolant black ? And just a quarter in that bottle. I feel it every bump like a pain ( we meet in a asda car park ) , sound system nice but not grate if I compare with my custom sound from my saab . I'm not a big guy but that car looks small for me inside. Thanks to all , when Im coming back from holiday I will decide . And one thing is sure I don't think I will go for is220d. Thanks again :)

11 minutes ago, ahmedali44 said:

What u mean by smashed????  Is it damaged, what spec,mileage, price

Well who cares, would you buy a car with black coolant? I wouldn't.

Has been recorded as cat d????it's basic model.find out part prices, labour compare prices on net or do valuation on autotrader.do history check on mot site, but me personally wouldn't buy car with black coolant lool

No he'll I would not buy that car , if he get 2000 on that car is mean that I would be able to sell my saab with 3k . I don't know how some people can be so doggy. I sold a old junk fiesta few months ago , Ive told to the buyer what are the problems ( price 150£ )  and I call him to see if he arrive safe home :)  .

FB_IMG_1456493467783.jpg

On 06/03/2016 at 0:03 AM, cons said:

On 06/03/2016 at 7:39 PM, toffee_pie said:

need to have a hole in your head to get that car, and its not worth 2k.

Exactly. 2.5k for a written off car with contaminated coolant, its only worth scrap value.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links