Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just had all four tyres done. (well fronts this week and rears 8 weeks ago)

Previously had Falken 912, and could not get replacements (or 914) quick enough so punted go at Nexen N Blue tyres.

Surprised at how they go.

They seen a little quieter, dry grip is fine, and wet grip is good enough for me.

They seem to be okay with cold weather as well (well down to -2Centigrade).

The one thing is that went for a long motorway run yesterday and absolutely no tram-lining, I was expecting a bit after previous experiences in LS with wide range of other tyres, but they were fine, and also noticed today with the puddles that the Nexen seem to suffer less from aqua-planing, which with the Falkens was the only fault I could find with them.

The one thing the Nexens are not quite to good on is roads with a lot of ridges, they seem to make a bit more noise, but strangely enough they seem to be less 'crash-bang' than the Falkens when handling the cr*p roads around the Cotswolds.

The Falkens were good for 19000 miles on the rear and just over 22000 on the front, so be interesting to see how the Nexens do, but it will be a good 18 months before I can report on that.

All four tyres fitted were £320 so credit card is pleased, as is the missus.

Nice ones Pete. I almost went for them about a year ago, but then had Fulda Ecocontrol HP 225 60 R16 98V as they were slightly cheaper at the time, paid 320 GBP for all four of them including fitting and have been very happy with them, very quiet and great mpg. The tyres fitted before were barely road legal, so I don't have anything to compare with. Tarun

5 hours ago, Malc said:

I'm advised that Falken no longer manufacture 16"  ( my size ) tyres

Malc

Just had a quick look on Falken web site for USA, and they do a ZE950 in the right size for LS, but not able to find these in UK.

As I am happy with the Nexen, okay for the time being, unless they are not as long lasting as the Falkens.

I always believed that using manufacturers recommended tyres was best.

I even imported a set of (Dunlops?) from Japan once because I read that the Euro-Dunlops had slightly different tread!

A bit different to paying £5 each for part-worns for a 2CV!

I must admit that, when possible, I've used Dunlops on my LS's.

My 460 had Dunlop MAXX Sport 245/45 R19 fitted when I bought it. I thought they were a bit noisy so, when it came time to replace worn tyres on the front, I tried standard Dunlop MAXX 245/45 R19. The difference in noise is incredible. My 460 is now, almost, as quiet as my 400 was :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links