Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

future lexus is220d owner

frankie406

Hi guys

I'm currently a Toyota owners member and I am busting my rear end to buy a 2007 Is220d I would like to know if there's any major problems with this car.ie the 2.2 engine head gasket..and the likes of dual mass flywheel if fitted or anything else.all replies are appreciated.

Thanks for having me here (hopefully )

Frankie

Welcome Frankie.  Please don't buy an IS220D, get an IS250 instead.  Don't take my word for it, there's plenty of evidence on this site....have a look around.  Other members will be along soon to offer similar advice I suspect.

Good luck with whatever you decide to purchase.

Welcome Frankie.

I'm a big Toyota/Lexus fan, as well as a few other Japanese makes, but do yourself a favour and take Steves advice.

Search the board and you will find plenty of evidence pointing the same way, but take a look at this current thread, it's horrific!

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/106486-p0093-help-needed-to-decipher-data/?page=1

Please think long and hard about this.

I had a 07 220d and the head went in 3 months. It was gutting......and I eventually got Lexus support to fund it all. You won't have that option.

You can't hope for the best on what may be a ticking time bomb and money pit.

I moved on to the 250....best thing I ever did. You know what too, a lot of 220d owners get very similar mpg to what pretty much all 250 owners see.

Get a 250 Auto .... That's my advice.

Cheers normski I guess it's just like the 2.2 avensis then only more expensive parts! Seen a couple of 250's autos here in northern Ireland I have a look and see.if not I'll check on UK car sites for 1.just can't get the car out of my head:wallbash:

Frankie i have had a 2w0d 57 plate 4 yrs 2 big issues  head gasket and dpf the head was covered by lexas as it had full lexus service the dpf was a different matter in the after 800 pound spent i had the filter removed and no further problems the car is very stylish and is a good ride with plenty of extras maybe worth you checking if the head has been done good luck with what ever you decide and remember most cars have some issues 

Thanks capmeister !! Thinking of going down the petrol route.i did say a couple of years ago never a diesel again . everything far more expensive on them.is there any petrol manuals everyone I've seen are auto and all the diesels are manual?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links