Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

LS430 - Automatic Door Un/Locking

The automatic unlocking on my LS430 is confusing me.

- Most of the time, if I walk up to the car, it unlocks automatically after about five seconds. (I really think this should be faster as it knows I'm there - the courtesy lights turn on). I get in, drive, park, get out, lock the door using the button, walk away. Everything's fine.

-  If I park, turn off the engine and either sit in the car for a bit or get out and wander around, so the key is going in and out of range of the car, then finally lock it, it may or may not lock using the button; I may have to use the keyfob.

- Then, if I've locked it with the keyfob, when I come back it will not always automatically unlock. It knows the key is present as it turns the courtesy lights on but will not unlock.

- Tonight, it unlocked just fine as I approached, I went for a drive, parked, got out of the car immediately - it refused to lock using the button on the door; I had to use the keyfob. When I got back to the car, it refused to unlock, but locked fine when I got home.

I've looked on the keyfob as I've approached the car and I can see the LED flashing away as the courtesy lights turn on, but it can still be flashing and the doors won't unlock.

It seems like if I keep things simple - auto unlock, drive, get out, button lock, repeat, it's fine. It gets confused if I do anything other than this.

Any ideas?

Hi David

this problem has been mentioned here before and i myself have experienced it when look for my 430 - there really is not a solution to his - its just how it is and it effects some non facelift 430s.

mine is a facelift and i have never experienced any delay or lag - its perfect.

only thing i can suggest is talk to a dealer and see if there is anything such as a software upgrade or something that can be done

My last pre facelift one was fine, but the present one is OK-ish, but the key certainly doesn't have the range that the first one had.  A minor annoyance until I remember the days of having to always unlock using a key.

Interesting, and a bit annoying. I'll have a chat with the dealership but I don't hold out much hope. Seems odd to release a car of this calibre and cost with a fault like this.

Thanks for the replies. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links