Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hello all. Quick question if I may. Just want to make sure I get the correct bulb for my car and Halfords tell me I need a D2R bulb but Lexus say I need a D4S?? Are they the same or even compatible? Just need to change my headlight bulb and want to make sure I get the right one (obviously). Many thanks indeed!

Have you tried going to the Lexus eBay store?  I replaced the bulbs on my last LS430 which were D2R but I got them from Eurocarparts, unfortunately the fixing pattern wasn't quite the same, even though the number was.  I think the genuine ones from the Lexus site compare well with Halfords etc.

For 100% you don't need "R" bulb as they are designed to reflector-type headlamp and we got  projector-type.

For projector-type you need to have "S" version which got clear glass cover.

As for 2v4 I'm not sure but according to Philips online catalogue which is normally very good you need 4.

Summary: you need D4S

PS. Please remember that changing HID lamps is not so safe and you can be shocked with over 20 000V vs 12V on standard bulb. Be sure you know what are you doing.

D2-R/S bulbs run at around 85 volts. The R is for reflector S for projector.

D4-R/S bulbs run at around 48 volts at near double the current of the D2 bulbs. The ballast in the Lexus is designed for that voltage "48" so the correct bulb is D4S.

The starting voltage for both bulbs is in the 25,000 volts range, and needs treating with respect.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links