Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Window shopping again (450h) !!!

8 hours ago, rayaans said:

The auto button is for switching between recirculation and air from outside automatically depending on air quality  

The trick to warm the car up quick is leave in auto (climate control one). What some people do is leave it on let's say 22 degrees and put fan up to max. All this does is blow cold air out and then warm it up again once the air has been heated  

In auto it should leave fan speed on 0 until the air is warm and then crank it up automatically. 

Thanks Rayaans. I've changed the settings so will see how if warms up any quicker next time.  I agree re fan settings.  Even before auto air con I always left it off or at the lowest setting until there's some warmth in the system.  Otherwise you just get an icy blast to go with the one outside!  But with auto it looks like I don't even have to do the thinking.  Brilliant!

• Like 1

Hi Rayaans.  Adjusted the heating controls as you suggested and much better!  Also looked in the manual, which I suppose I should have done in the first place!  Really like the auto recirculation function; brilliant idea and great when in traffic, underground car parks etc. Still amazed at how much customisation is possible. 

Also switched off eco mode.  I thought it was quick in eco but it's even more responsive without it and 20 miles in the city seems to have no negative impact on mpg.  The experience just gets better and better so thanks for that tip too.

Whilst I'm on can I pick your brains again.  I've always been very light on the brakes so my car will possibly be more prone to sticking rear callipers.  Is it worth putting Copper Ease on the moving parts or is it just a question of a bit of sharper braking every couple of weeks/200 miles etc.

• Like 1

If I may Geoff, as someone else who is also light on brakes, I remove my wheels annually, use brake cleaner on the calipers, remove the pins and cover in a light coat of copper slip.  I also clean the inside face of the wheels up where they mate to the hub and smear a little more copper slide on the hubs.  It's worth actually removing and cleaning the pins that hold the pads in place as well as cleaning the pin sliders for the calipers (depending on caliper design).  It takes about an afternoon for me to do all 4 sides and replace everything and I've never had any brake issues whatsoever since starting this regime.  I also ensure when on a quiet stretch of road that I conduct a few emergency braking manoeuvres every now and then to test brakes and ensure everything is safe and doesn't pull to one side or the other.  None of this stuff costs a bean really except for time and few bits and bobs and is well worth doing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Glover said:

Hi Rayaans.  Adjusted the heating controls as you suggested and much better!  Also looked in the manual, which I suppose I should have done in the first place!  Really like the auto recirculation function; brilliant idea and great when in traffic, underground car parks etc. Still amazed at how much customisation is possible. 

Also switched off eco mode.  I thought it was quick in eco but it's even more responsive without it and 20 miles in the city seems to have no negative impact on mpg.  The experience just gets better and better so thanks for that tip too.

Whilst I'm on can I pick your brains again.  I've always been very light on the brakes so my car will possibly be more prone to sticking rear callipers.  Is it worth putting Copper Ease on the moving parts or is it just a question of a bit of sharper braking every couple of weeks/200 miles etc.

Glad that worked. 

Probably should have said that eco mode actually makes the AC warm up slower as it tries to save energy.

I'm also fairly light on the brakes as my car is used mainly on commutes with stop start traffic. I dont do anything special with brakes just do a hard braking manoeuvre once every few months or something.

Hi Paul. Thanks for the tips.  Although I'm well trained (son of a mechanic and grandson of a ship's engineer) my days of touching the oily bits are few and far between now (generally in an emergency!) but I'll ask my independent to do that.  I'll probably get the standard service done by Lexus at the moment but might revert to hybrid check and the rest by my independent after the first service.  Good luck with your RX450 quest, hopefully you'll find one soon.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links