Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi

i have posted this before but cant remember the answer.

approximately how much are new front brakes pads for a mk2 gs300.

also the brake indicator comes on and off when i brake however this only happens sometimes. i noticed today when i braked fairly hard the brake warning light did not come on. is it faulty?

2nd question- are the wing mirrors actually heated or is it just warm air redirected towards them to defrost the mirrors in the morning.

3rd question-top airvent just below the clock-do any of you have a problem with an annoying and persisant rattle. is the vent hard to take out?

finally is it possible for the dealer to turn on a bleep noise so when i lock and unlock the car a 'bleep bleep' can be heard.

thanks in advance (hopefully this makes sense)

Paul

I had the brake warning light come on a while ago as you describe. Just topped it up with fluid and it went away. I did however read a post afterwards saying that the GS doesnt have brake sensors and that the drop in fluid level is an indication that the pads are wearing down.

The mirrors have a heating element within them.

I do have a rattle but I dont know whether it is the vent or the panel around the screen below - yor really notice these things when the car is so quiet and its bl**dy annoying

Not sure of cost - around £50 I think. The warning light may be low fluid level. Fill it to the max. line even if it doesn't seem that low and see if that fixes it.

Yes the mirrors are heated. Warm air is blown through the door to the side windows, not the mirrors.

Had that rattle on my old 300. The centre vent just comes off. Cover the dash and use a screwdriver at the side to ease it off. It's held on by metal clips. I used some thin foam material and glued over the clips and put back in. Made the fitting much tighter and never made another noise.

There is a CBEST setting for that in the US. I don't know if it's an option on UK models. I have asked Lexus GB for a list of CBEST options on my car however it's taken them 5 weeks so far and they still haven't compiled the list - apparently they don't have a list of all the options in one place so they are going through all the service manuals and bulletins. Maybe ask your dealer, they may know.

does anyone have the uk cbest listing

for some reason i think rodders has it?

Paul

As I said, even Lexus GB don't have a list at the moment. The list Rodders has posted is for US vehicles, not all options may be available on UK models.

Well that's the problem. I am still waiting for the list from Lexus.

However I don't think we have the following options:

Doors automatically lock when you start to drive.

Doors automatically unlock when you put transmission into park.

Single press of the unlock button only unlocks drivers door - double press unlocks all.

Headlights remain on for 30 seconds so you can see your way to the front door.

Hopefully some of those are available - would be nice to have these.

Doors automatically unlock when you put transmission into park.

This one is definitely available.

A coupla years ago I took the list to a UK dealer who reckoned that all the options are available.

I'd kind of expect that, as all GSs are made in the same plant.

They are all made in the same place but there are many differences between Euro/JDM/US models. Fog lights, Day time running lights, emmisions, engine power etc.

Some are down to the laws in a particular country or what is expected in another etc. Some of the options will require extra components, others just a change in software.

How do the dealers change the CBEST settings? Is it a laptop with special software job, or something a bit simpler that someone (me for instance) could do? :rolleyes:

I was thinking particularly about changing the sensitivity of the auto-lights. I would like them to be more sensitive, but would ideally prefer to experiment with different settings.

Edited by NickF

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links