Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone using their door card as an armrest while driving finding white marks left on it from their elbows?

A real easy way to remove this is to press one of the tacky dash board grippy non-slip mats over the area and it will lift the marks off. If ingrained then leave it on for longer. Saves the need of using chemicals on it.

Since we're talking about tips, I found out something new about my IS250, when i turn the car off and notice my windows needs closing, i can just open or close the windows without starting the car up again (Accessory power i mean). If however i open my door, it stops working.

if you turn the car off and the windows are open, and you don't want to switch the car on again. Just hold the lock button on your key fob for 3-5 seconds and the windows should go up.

Both of above works, if you have moon-roof it will be closed as well. as I usually have my keys in the pocked and don't even know which one - you can hold button on the door handle until windows/moon roof closes.

I think it only works (hold lock button for 3-5 secs) if its been programmed by Lexus.

Theres been 1 or 2 mentioned about having this option and peoples windows left open during winter/rain lol

I think this is default option, unless changed. Once I actually found my car with all windows fully open in the rain .. still mystery how it happened. I suspected matching key frequencies from another car :D

You are right. Funny enough I have recently asked Lexus Woodford to change these setting for me e.g. I wanted doors to lock when speed is 13+MPH and to unlock when shifted to P. They said my car is too old and does not support personalised settings (what?! 2008 November)..

• 1 month later...

Some great tips/ticks here. Can anyone share more? I was hoping for a FAQ / guide / sticky that newbies like me can read.

Has anyone managed to get the dealer to do the following? This would in essence be the 'coming home' / 'follow me home' feature. I honestly thought this was a standard feature on the IS! Really disappointed the car hasn't got this feature.  Are the UK lights programmed to stay on for 30 seconds after ignition is switched off and you lock the doors?

Delay for headlights to turn off
After turning off the ignition and all the doors are closed, if the headlights are ON or in the AUTO position, the lights can be programmed
for the following:
Turn off immediately, when the vehicle is turned off and the driver’s door is opened.
Turn off in 30 seconds. (Standard)
Turn off in 60 seconds.
Turn off in 90 seconds.

On 27/05/2016 at 11:41 AM, Linas.P said:

You are right. Funny enough I have recently asked Lexus Woodford to change these setting for me e.g. I wanted doors to lock when speed is 13+MPH and to unlock when shifted to P. They said my car is too old and does not support personalised settings (what?! 2008 November)..

They are wrong! I've had mine done like that! Lexus Sidcup done it. I feel Woodford are a bunch of fob off merchants!

All you need is Techstream software, the correct cable and a laptop. The software and cable comes as a package - use your initiative to find it! (Hint - the website address starts with 'e'.  :-)   )

PS - it can be argued that under the EU directive known as Motor Vehicle Block Exemption Regulations this is public domain stuff. Lexus copyright claims would not stand up. (But don't ask me to test it)

On 7/22/2016 at 5:57 AM, Arqum said:

They are wrong! I've had mine done like that! Lexus Sidcup done it. I feel Woodford are a bunch of fob off merchants!

I know .. simply lazy. There is not way it can be true, because I have some personalisation already and my car manual has original personalisation choice clipped to it, meaning previous owner did it. The cars between 2005 and 2009 are exactly identical. And as far as personalisation goes I believe they use same body ECU all the way till the end in 2012.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links