Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Suspension Bushes

dark_is200

The handling on my car has got quite "floaty", seems to be worn bushes since everything else checks out ok. Any suggestions on which ones to get changed? This is the full list:

1 Front Lower Wishbone Bush (No1 Front)

2 Front Lower Wishbone Bush (No2 Rear)

3 Front Lower Wishbone Bush (No1 Front Support)

4 Rear Upper Wishbone Bush (No1 Inner)

5 Rear Upper Wishbone Bush (No2 Inner)

6 Rear Lower Control Arm (No1 Inner)

7 Rear Lower Control Arm (No2 Inner)

8 Rear Toe Control Arm (Inner)

9 Rear Toe Control Arm (Inner Support)

10 Rear Lower Control Arm (No1 Outer)

11 Differential (Front)

12 Differential (L/H Rear)

13 Differential (R/H Rear)

14 Differential (Front Support)

15 Rear Subframe (Front)

16 Rear Subframe (Rear)

17 Rear Subframe (Front Support)

18 Rear Subframe (Rear Support)

19 Steering Rack (R/H)

20 Steering Rack (L/H)

Front Anti roll bar

Rear Anti roll bar

• Like 1

How about your anti-roll bars Kieran?

I don't think you have replaced yours yet have you??

All those that have done this mod rave about it.

Cost is not that expensive and fitting it fairly easy.

I'm thinking of changing my rear setting more firm now :unsure:

No news on my Bush set as yet.

I think it is fair to say that the more you do the better it will be.

Simon had all of them except for the sub frame and diff mounts but it still works very well B)

If you want to do the minimum, I would start with the wishbones and control arms, and work my way through. The only downside to doing it this way is that you will be paying more for the labour in the long run if you decide to do the rest later (because some of the wishbones and control arm will have to come off again)

How about your anti-roll bars Kieran?

I don't think you have replaced yours yet have you??

All those that have done this mod rave about it.

Cost is not that expensive and fitting it fairly easy.

Already got the roll bars done, these are the suspension mods on the car:

Cusco Strut Braces

HKS AntiRoll Bars

HKS HiperDampers

I've got the Cusco lower arm bars but not had them fitted yet, the car has got very squishy and rolly even with all this - it used to be very firm and taut but not anymore, guessing the bushes have gone. The car has only done 23,000 miles but 20,000 of them have been with the dampers, rollbars etc. so I'm not too surprised if the bushes have been worn a lot.

seems wierd, I have the same setup and the same mileage, mine has the bushes as well but the whole set up is solid as a rock, i can't believe that the only difference is the bushes - have you had it into TDI to let them look over it?

it was serviced at TDI about 6 weeks ago, everything looked ok in the suspension department. the problem has been around for about 5 months but they couldn't see anything wrong - nothing loose etc... could just be that it needs its tracking done, not sure if that could be the cause.

Mines gone really floaty recently, had new ball joints and tracking done but didn't do much. getting some new(er) shockers and spring off andyhart21 which I hope is going to help. The only other thing is the bushes. Where will you be getting them from? will you be getting poly bushes? and how much do they cost?

Just ordered Dave Ellens TRD bushes, do you me to order some for you Keiran?

not at the moment, going to wait for a few months before i change them. i'll let you know when i get round to changing. i'm going to get the tracking done first to see if it fixes the current problems.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links