Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all - 

Some of you may have seen me posting recently since I have been in search of my second car and have found it! Just bought myself a IS250 2007 SE-L with everything on it including a sunroof which was hard to find in itself without it having over 130K miles. Only has a few paint scuffs which I've been quoted around £150 to repair aside from that it looks in perfect condition.

Could not however get that annoying warning message to go away on start up / reverse on the sat nav - anyone know how?

• Like 1

Hi Kris

Congrats on your purchase, they're a heck of a lot of car for the money. I've got the same model/year as you and it's the best car I've ever owned.

If you're referring to the SatNav screen message telling you to "Drive Safely, obey traffic rules" etc, then AFAIK this can't be turned off. It's a symptom of the nanny state we live in.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bobmc said:

Hi Kris

Congrats on your purchase, they're a heck of a lot of car for the money. I've got the same model/year as you and it's the best car I've ever owned.

If you're referring to the SatNav screen message telling you to "Drive Safely, obey traffic rules" etc, then AFAIK this can't be turned off. It's a symptom of the nanny state we live in.

Well I suppose it couldn't be an all round perfect car could it!

Unfortunately, the warning screen can't be turned off, but you do get used to it.  Just becomes part of the start up routine.

Congrats on the car.

Some come on, more details and pictures are required. :smile:

5 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

Very nice, lovely colour.  I'm not familiar with the interior of the IS but that looks the biz!

Well my previous car was a Peugeot 207 soo this is like going from a biplane to first class on an A380

16 minutes ago, kris250 said:

Well my previous car was a Peugeot 207 soo this is like going from a biplane to first class on an A380

Ha, you're not wrong!

Looks sweet, that front bumper scuff should'nt cost too much to sort out. Dealer or Private sale? Care to share how much?

2 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Ha, you're not wrong!

Looks sweet, that front bumper scuff should cost too much to sort out. Dealer or Private sale? Care to share how much?

The light scuff on the upper bumper yes - but bellow there is another one which is slightly more serious. Its actually into the material of the bumper itself so I'm not sure how much that'll be to repair. And less than 5.5K! The owner was private, super nice guy and did me a great deal. 

Might be worth letting us know whereabouts you're located, someone may be able to recommend a paintshop/auto refinisher in your area.

Congrats! Beautiful car.

As for the warning I believe that is part of US legislation aka "they didn't put notice so I will crash the car and claim $10 million for that". Remember the story with cat and microwave, where american lady put the car in microwave to dry it's fur and then took the manufacturer to the court and won? So now you have the warning on microwave manual not to put the animals inside in US.

1 hour ago, bobmc said:

Might be worth letting us know whereabouts you're located, someone may be able to recommend a paintshop/auto refinisher in your area.

In London! Will update my profile with all the info soon - I was thinking of this company called Revive? They do mobile repairs, bring out a van with a tent and have equipment to match paint colour etc all inside and can do it outside my house which will be great

29 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Congrats! Beautiful car.

As for the warning I believe that is part of US legislation aka "they didn't put notice so I will crash the car and claim $10 million for that". Remember the story with cat and microwave, where american lady put the car in microwave to dry it's fur and then took the manufacturer to the court and won? So now you have the warning on microwave manual not to put the animals inside in US.

Thanks!

Wow what a moron! I thought maybe the software would be different from the US version but guess not 

No these are designed mainly for US which is like 80% of the market. There are differences to meet certain local laws e.g. EU emissions etc. But definitely, not removing safety message .. that would be simply not cost effective to remove the feature which is virtually harmless. 

As for mobile paint repairs - if it is little scratch which needs touch up then go for it. Never use them for dents - they simply fill the dents with filler and paints over the top - which is not how it should be done. As well if scratch is larger or more visible then you need to pain whole part + blend in which is rather difficult on metallic car as as well something mobile repairs don't do. 

22 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

No these are designed mainly for US which is like 80% of the market. There are differences to meet certain local laws e.g. EU emissions etc. But definitely, not removing safety message .. that would be simply not cost effective to remove the feature which is virtually harmless. 

As for mobile paint repairs - if it is little scratch which needs touch up then go for it. Never use them for dents - they simply fill the dents with filler and paints over the top - which is not how it should be done. As well if scratch is larger or more visible then you need to pain whole part + blend in which is rather difficult on metallic car as as well something mobile repairs don't do. 

Yeah, the scuff on the bumper should be okay to do for them but the lower deeper scuff I'm not so sure as thats actually into the bumper itself. Its tiny and has its so low down its not noticeable. What annoys me though is that there is one brown spot on the hood of the car - not well shown on the picture which has actually "sunk" into the paint if you will. It must be some sort of chemical from a carpark or something that dripped on it but its as if its part of the paint now.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links