Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Only had a chance to take a few pics,started peeing with rain after the third one. More soon. The observant among you will notice the change of number plates. I'm afraid the number appealed to my somewhat strange sense of humour (I'm an Aquarian you know),thought it was fitting for the car,so I bought it.

P1000007.JPG

P1000008.JPG

P1000009.JPG

• Like 2

A list of to do's.

Respray in same colours, as bonnet and fuel flap are different shades to the rest of the car!. A few minor scuffs here and there,stonechipped bonnet. Going in to be done in a couple of weeks. Will try and chase that bit of the front bumper that goes at the bottom and was missing on all three of my LS's. Low kerbs in car parks I suspect.

Bonnet struts.

Both mirror glasses need replacing and nearside mirror up/down not working.

Get LPG system safety checked.

That's it really.

...  that bottom front bumper piece, I finally removed mine after some years of it getting worse from those extra high kerbs etc. ..............  I read on here ages ago that a replacement was £70+ and decided not to bother.  It looks much better, clean and tidy with it " gone ".

Malc

• Like 1

Looks good.  As far as mirrors go the price of genuine parts will make your eyes water.  One of mine was too dark so rather than paying the £200 Lexus wanted in bought a replacement shelf adhesive one online.  It doesn't dim but the heat still gets through and only £8

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

Looks good.  As far as mirrors go the price of genuine parts will make your eyes water.  One of mine was too dark so rather than paying the £200 Lexus wanted in bought a replacement shelf adhesive one online.  It doesn't dim but the heat still gets through and only £8

Complete mirrors often come up on eBay, that's how I fixed mine, which came with a stick on repair glass when I bought it.

Easy job to just remove the glass.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyv said:

Complete mirrors often come up on ebay, that's how I fixed mine, which came with a stick on repair glass when I bought it.

Easy job to just remove the glass.

I actually bought the whole thing, housing included from a breakers, all for £45 delivered.  A good price apart from the fact the piece I really wanted being the glass was no good, even though they said it was.  Fair play to the breaker though, they refunded my money including postage!  The self adhesive one I bought still meant taking the old one apart to fit the new, but works a treat.  Next job some nice new stainless exhaust tips from Grove Garage. 

• Like 1

Intrigued as to why the Petrol Cap door is a different colour? Can't see the bonnet from your photo's to judge if same as Cap door, but personally I wouldn't have a total respray but just match the two parts to the Car.

Amazed at how good the colour of my Car is after 23 years.  The quality of the spray job must be far superior to any aftermarket spray unless you are going to spend a fortune.

I've only washed myCar once since buying it and still looks deep and glossy. (Also love the colour)

• Like 1

I had the same problem with the N.S.mirror  the whole thing was smashed,  because of the year 97,couldn't get a decent replacement,   now comes the expensive bit a new one to fit a 97 model was ordered from "Lexus Japan" which took a month they made a new one for me,photochromic, new gears the whole lot, total £400.

Just a bit expensive but I think it was worth it.   

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links