Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Air conditioning IS250 2007

Hi. I've got an issue with my AC, I've recharged few days ago because it was empty. After recharging there was still no cold air, I went to a different garage, repeat the step but still no cold air. The compressor I can see it's working, clutch is spinning but no cold air at all. Any ideas what to look at? New compressor it's around £700 so I don't want to spend that much and then find out that this wasn't needed. 

Thanks in advance

I would guess a leak somewhere. Go to a good aircon place, ask them to put dye in to the system. This will then show if or where it is leaking.

Its normally the rubber seals that perish, but coul be a pipe thats gone. Normally its a free service hence only pay once.

It was blowing cold air and then stopped, when plugged to recharge the tank was almost empty, not too much pressure left inside so I assume it was empty (however I should call it). 

Coolant is within the limits.

23 hours ago, Rubin85 said:

It was blowing cold air and then stopped, when plugged to recharge the tank was almost empty, not too much pressure left inside so I assume it was empty (however I should call it). 

Coolant is within the limits.

Coolant doesn't go anywhere unless there is a leak, so if the tank was almost empty it means there was a leak and unless it is found and fixed it won't go anywhere. From the way you describe it "it worked fine and stopped".... it seems like you had major leak, as if it is minor one (like seals) it would take few months to get from good cooling to poor.

The question, did you use it for a while without it working properly? This is because coolant has special oil in it and serves as lubricant, hence if you used it without coolant it is likely your pump was damaged as well.

Pump clutch spinning doesn't indicate that pump is working or spinning, so that is the first thing to check if the clutch actually engages (like mine was completely stuck and engaging clutch was stalling the engine). If the clutch doesn't engage that could be various options, the relay (£40) or the clutch itself ( you might still need whole compressor). 

For the compressor prices and options please see thread:

• Like 1

I remember that passenger vents were blowing cold air and driver side were blowing warm, that's the only thing I've noticed before it actually stopped with cold air.

Which relay is responsible for the compressor or that clutch ? I've looked into manual but couldn't find it :/

• 7 years later...

Hi Rubin,

I am having a similar problem with the aircon system with my 2007 IS250 that you had back in September 2016. I did a Cooling System Reset which partly worked. Now the passenger vents are blowing cold air however the drivers side is still blowing warm air. I am interested in the end result. How did you end up rectifying your problem.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards Peter

• 3 weeks later...

theres a seperate rad for the air condition unit called a condenser rad.

have you checked that ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links