Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RC300h v. IS300h New Car Choice

If they would do RC350 (preferably small 3,5L V8 rather than V6.. but not the biggest issue) with gearbox from IS-F, I would buy one today... in meantime this option will exist in my dreams.

Actually, same would applies for IS and NX ranges.. they just don't have right engines/gearboxes for me.

If they would do RC350 (preferably small 3,5L V8 rather than V6.. but not the biggest issue) with gearbox from IS-F, I would buy one today... in meantime this option will exist in my dreams.

Actually, same would applies for IS and NX ranges.. they just don't have right engines/gearboxes for me.

Agree about the engine options or lack of in the range. Why does the GS Hybrid get a 3.5litre option but the IS and NX Hybrids only have a 2.5 or the 2litre petrol!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, RichyRich said:

Agree about the engine options or lack of in the range. Why does the GS Hybrid get a 3.5litre option but the IS and NX Hybrids only have a 2.5 or the 2litre petrol!

Probably because they wouldn't sell and of course dealers have to hold some cars as demos which would just sit around losing money. 

You can blame the UK diesel culture and obsession with mpg and tax rates for that

1 hour ago, RichyRich said:

The IS has the perfect chassis but lacks power. It looks every much a sporty saloon which is contradictory I find

The IS200t is pretty quick in real world terms. 

TBF the IS300H can shame 3.0l diesels in mid range acceleration so not really lacking power. It's more because there's no gear changes it feels slower than it is

The IS has the perfect chassis but lacks power. It looks every much a sporty saloon which is contradictory I find

The IS200t is pretty quick in real world terms. 

TBF the IS300H can shame 3.0l diesels in mid range acceleration so not really lacking power. It's more because there's no gear changes it feels slower than it is

I agree on the mid range power but it just feels a disconnected experience. On one hand I marvel at the technology but on the other I just want to feel connected

On 11/4/2016 at 10:14 PM, rayaans said:

Probably because they wouldn't sell and of course dealers have to hold some cars as demos which would just sit around losing money. 

You can blame the UK diesel culture and obsession with mpg and tax rates for that

I hope that is about to change now.. at least diesel culture, probably not that much the MPG story and taxation, which forces people into boring cars.

6 hours ago, DanD said:

Does the face-lift bring in additional power to either the 300h or the 200T?

Nope, engines remain the same. 

I do believe they've worked on the suspension though so it may or may not be more comfortable

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links