Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Will probably need rear pads and discs soon before next mot in February seem to be corroded plus pads are low too.original are working out £163 from lexus official store, im assuming these are vented for that price, blueprint from eBay are £85.13 solid discs delivered, such big difference in price. there are 2 different sizes 291mm or 310mm, vented or non vented.does it make any difference as vented are more expensive.on eBay lexus Birmingham doing complete set vented for £135.non vented £121

DSC_0014.JPG

DSC_0013.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

You need to fit whatever are currently fitted - look like unvented in your case. It was a spec change in about 2007. The calipers are different.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Ok thanks was gonna fit what's on them at the moment. Didnt know calipers were different. on eBay lexus Birmingham when u put car details shows vented discs,non vented will not fit. gonna order from lexus Birmingham original ones for £135 delivered with pads. did email lexus official store with chassis no will see which ones fits and will order right ones.

Yesterday lexus Birmingham doing complete set for £135 now put price upto £150 asked if I can get for £135 was told "sorry no":wallbash:.blue print complete set 115, if buy discs (£72) and pads (23.88) separate work out £96 for blueprint. if bought complete set should b cheaper. lexus official store even more expensive. has any1 used blueprint rear pads and discs???

Blueprint are thoroughly reputable - you'll have no probs with them.

I bought Apec discs with EBC pads - my rear discs are solid so quite a lot cheaper. Vented Apec discs and EBC pads are much the same price as the Blueprint ones. I can guarantee that you will not notice any difference with Apec/EBC or Blueprint compared with the genuine Lexus items.

Hi ,as above  blueprint are good, I have also used brembo from ECP ,recently fitted a set to the front ,can,t detect any difference from originals ;They regularly have discount codes so you can buy for a good price . 

Dave

58 minutes ago, ahmedali44 said:

My cousin work for t j autos Ilford got very good deal for me.  £77.00 blueprint discs and pads. can't get any cheaper then that, im well happy:yahoo:.they are cheaper then ebay sometimes, they deliver any where

I got my exhaust from TJ autos few months ago at a steal!! 

Just had pads discs done (£78 discs and pads, labour £40)  today, blueprint pads comes with shims which are black,  was it necessary to use shims that came off old ones????? mechanic said never use old ones anyway as blueprint comes on them u only use old shims if u buy cheaper pads. is this correct???! 

If the only shims available are the old ones, it's better to use them than not (if the pads don't have that rubbery backing which quite a few do these days). But no shims at all are not a big deal as long as there's a bit of copper grease on the backs (contacting the piston).

The emailed version of the post asked about adjusting the handbrake/footbrake? - yes you do need to adjust after replacing rear discs until wheel just spins freely - hard to tell but if you have both wheels off the ground you can get it OK. The footbrake version should have 7-9 clicks at max travel - not sure about handbrake (manual cars)

Maybe the one on the other side with the wear indicator is on the inside face of the disc. That's where they should be really. (When the pads get worn, the indicator makes a rattling noise - sounds like your wheel is about to drop off). Or sometimes they screech.

They should be on the inside because if the pads wear unevenly the inside one is likely to wear the most. It's not a big deal where they are though.

Everytime brake get slight grinding noise and there is lot of pad residue on discs in just 2 days.

lexus done front ones no residue on discs after 4.5k still brand new.

Could discs pads b faulty or can be fitted wrong????

Adjustment of handbrake make pads grind??????

Don't worry - it's just the 'wear-in' coating from the pads on the discs - it will go soon. The front discs clean up much quicker because they do a lot harder work.

The pads and handbrake have nothing to do with each other - the handbrake works on completely different shoes inside the drum..

Ok that explains wear in coating but doesn't explain grinding as my old ones didn't do that even they were worn badly. diffently not right with pads and discs order from eBay original from lexus Birmingham will get them fitted next week, try to get refund on blueprint ones.just drove to Stansted today and back still same, shouldn't of bedded in by now it's been 4 days and residue shouldn't have gone by now.its really annoying when something is not right.every car I ever owned made sure it was looked after properly no expense spared.

Ahmed I had similar issue with residue but this was over in just over two weeks. The grinding noise your talking about could be the pads wearing in. I would take it back to the garage you fitted it and ask them to look at it for you, before you buy form Lexus Bham eBay..

By the way when I need original parts I always call the Bham Lexus, they are cheaper and provide free postage to London. When you call the parts dept ask for Jo she is excellent.

Ok thanks it's a mobile mechanic never had that before grinding just to bed in.unless fitted wrong but ordered from lexus Birmingham already get them fitted and see if they grind. I always used original brake pads and discs on my mercs no problem.blueprint is a recognised name but could be bad batch used in past no problems 

Just had original lexus rear pads and discs done today pads are looking rough only after 1 week of driving and discs are showing rust on ends too.no more grinding,  blueprint pads were faulty so probably scored discs too. have look at pic of pads 

DSC_0016.JPG

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links