Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A Defector from Germany

olliesgrandad

I've now had the pleasure of owning my is300h for around 10 days and 900 miles. According ot my phone app I am averaging 42.7mpg so well happy.

My last car was a 2012 Mercedes E250 CDi cabriolet which covered 26,000 miles in 9 months. For the 10 months prior to that I had a Mercedes C220CDi AMG sport . that replaced a 2014 Mini Cooper diesel (worst car owned for a decade).. That replaced a 2013 Mini Cooper Clubman diesel. As you see there is a German theme for the past couple of years.

I wanted to try something different as I was tired of poor service form both BMW and Mercedes. Hopefully my Lexus will be a different story.

certainly the build quality puts the Germans to shame.

Really enjoying the forum and learning about my very complicated car.

VE14MZN1[1].jpg

Welcome to the world of Lexus and the LOC.

Looks stunning in that colour but a pig to keep clean perhaps, keep an eye on the wheels not sure about the newer models but paint peeling and corrosion was an issue previously.

Thanks Steve  but I can assure you that the wheels and trim on Lexus are light years better than new Mercedes. Both my  Mercedes cars had to have replacement centre caps under warranty and the lacquer was starting to fail on the wheels. My c  class was 18 months old and required new side rubbing strips because of corrosion. My cabriolet likewise had boot lid chrome handle replaced under warranty. Not what you expect on a car that cost £48000 new.

Welcome Les, and hat's off to you for choosing a Lexus (and a very smart looking IS at that!). I'm surprised anyone in this country deviates from the default BMW/Audi so beloved of the British motoring press; must be just us smart ones that see beyond that BS! And Lexus dealers are indeed very good (smiling as they empty your wallet) in my admittedly limited experience with them.

Must feel quite a change steeping into petrol hybrid from your oil burner Mercs. Let us know how you adapt to the change, you are clearly a man to put miles on a motor. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links