Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking for an IS300h f sport

Hi all,its over 5 and half years since I had my last lexus(is200 sport) and think its time to return.

Really liking the is300h f sport but me being in Ireland, they seem to be very scarce.

I have checked on the usual websites in Ireland and there is 2 for sale but in grey which is not my first choice.

They are both 2013 and also a bit over my budget at around €28000.

What would be my chances of picking up one with not too high mileage in the UK for around £16000?

With the vrt and travel and stuff that would make it around €24000 which is my budget.

Blue or black would be my colour choices.

Obviously I need to test drive one here in Ireland to see if I want to go ahead with the plan.

Even if any of you know where there's one for sale, you might let me know.

Thanks.

6 hours ago, K900 said:

Hi all,its over 5 and half years since I had my last lexus(is200 sport) and think its time to return.

Really liking the is300h f sport but me being in Ireland, they seem to be very scarce.

I have checked on the usual websites in Ireland and there is 2 for sale but in grey which is not my first choice.

They are both 2013 and also a bit over my budget at around €28000.

What would be my chances of picking up one with not too high mileage in the UK for around £16000?

With the vrt and travel and stuff that would make it around €24000 which is my budget.

Blue or black would be my colour choices.

Obviously I need to test drive one here in Ireland to see if I want to go ahead with the plan.

Even if any of you know where there's one for sale, you might let me know.

Thanks.

For that price you can probably pick up an IS300h F-Sport in the UK but it'll most likely be a high mileage example around 60k+ at this moment.

• Like 1

Do you think prices will drop a bit in the new year?

I have seen  2 black ones with around 40,000 miles for £16950.

Both are for sale by the one dealer.

Is there much room to haggle with dealers in the UK?

1 hour ago, K900 said:

Do you think prices will drop a bit in the new year?

I have seen  2 black ones with around 40,000 miles for £16950.

Both are for sale by the one dealer.

Is there much room to haggle with dealers in the UK?

Lexus Dealers in the UK will give around £500-1000. However, you may be able to negotiate more at this time of year for 2 reasons:

1) Facelift IS300h coming out next year so they want to shift old stock

2) End of the year is coming as well so they'll want to remove old stock generally to make way for demonstrators in the new year.

Independent dealers are generally more eager to haggle depending on how much they want to get rid of the car.

The price will also depend on the specification of the car. Cars with leather interior will be more expensive and these 2 don't seem to have leather. The interior shots of the 2 cars are exactly the same as well which is odd, so can't really tell which interior belongs to which car and whether the condition is any good.

• Like 1

Remember that end of quarter is best for haggling 31st December being next one. 2 years ago I bought a car for £14250 that had been advertised at £20000 the previous week. Ran it for 9 months and 20000miles and got £650 more for it than I paid. Was a 1500mile demo that was in stock for 90 days. Dealers will take a loss in order to meet sales targets. 

• Like 1

Thanks lads, good info for me there.

I'll keep an eye out on auto trader over the next few weeks so.

I might get onto that crowd with the 2 black ones and ask what's the story with same interior pics for both.They seem to have a load of lexus' on their website.

Any dealer websites ye know of that might be of use to me?

I paid just under £21000  for my300h  F sport  2 weeks ago from Cheltenham Lexus.  Metallic Black June 2014.. It had 11800 miles only and apart from Mark Levenson Stereo has pretty much everything ; premium navigation, Memory black leather seats with ventilation etc.  Presumably a high spec will hit you with VRT though.

VE14MZN6[1].jpg

VE14MZN1[1].jpg

• Like 3

14 hours ago, rayaans said:

I bought my wife's 63 plate in sep 2015 for £23k. Only had 11k on it as well and they did the 2 year service too.

white/red and premium nav

20150905_181839.jpg

Stunning rayanns! (Both)

What exactly is premium nav?

4 hours ago, olliesgrandad said:

My car had a big service 2000 miles before I bought it in June. I will easily need it serviced again before then with my high mileage. After I did the deal I found out that the previous owner was Sir Geoff Hurst. 

That's pretty cool!

If it's good enough for Sir Geoff,it's good enough for anyone!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, K900 said:

Stunning rayanns! (Both)

What exactly is premium nav?

That's pretty cool!

If it's good enough for Sir Geoff,it's good enough for anyone!!

Well, the IS F-Sport didn't come with navigation as standard but there were 2 options

Business navigation - £995 and just added a basic navigation setup to the screen and it was controlled using a rotary dial.

Premium navigation - £1995 and you got a navigation setup with connected services and traffic along with 2 extra speakers and controlled by the remote touch interface which is the joystick setup

• Like 2

I wasn't a fan of the navigation system on my days test drive of the IS300h so I wasn't to concerned when they said it didn't come as standard on the F Sport.

I'm sure it's a good system for some but I've had Tomtom's from the start and I couldn't substitute that for something that looked like it was programmed and developed on Spectrum computer

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alan Partridges Left Glove said:

I wasn't a fan of the navigation system on my days test drive of the IS300h so I wasn't to concerned when they said it didn't come as standard on the F Sport.

I'm sure it's a good system for some but I've had Tomtom's from the start and I couldn't substitute that for something that looked like it was programmed and developed on Spectrum computer

I know what you mean. Avid tomtom user until I bought this. Got latest micro Sd card from seller recommended on this site. Am now getting used to the car navigation and it does have live traffic warnings. Today with all the floods it offered me frequent re routing My main reason for using it though is that it is great not having wires trailing all over the place. I am very impressed with the text reading facility and the hands free phone connection gives great reception. 

• Like 1

The standard sat nav is OK - i.e. it will get you from point A to B no problem. Its never let me down.

The Premium nav is worth it IMO just because of the extra 2 speakers and the remote touch - I find it much easier to use than the rotary dial that comes with standard nav.

• Like 2

I'm still getting used to it as well but I think it's a great bit of kit. I don't do many miles but the other day it warned me about a big queue on the M25.....like a muppet I completely ignored it only to spend an hour almost static. I decided to nip off at the next junction using the detour option (5 miles) and lo and behold it guided me to my destination.

I appreciate many on here must be company car drivers, do mega mileage and know these things inside out but for the average jo it does the job. 

• Like 1

Well I have played a deposit on a white one with 32000 miles from Lexus in Ipswich.

Heading over next Thursday.

Journey home will be around five and a half drive from Ipswich to Holyhead,three and a quarter hour boat trip and finally a two and a half hour drive home.

Can't wait.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links