Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Member - Oxford

Paul44

Hello...

Just bought a 2001 IS200 after previously driving an RX. I think I got lucky as the car was owned by a mechanic who has gone through everything in > 5 years of registered ownership. Only issue is the CD player won't select CD mode at all. Other than that it's an incredibly smooth car with perfect suspension and engine. First time in many years back in a stick shift and the jury is still out on that 😏

I'm an enthusiast but hardly a boy racer...early days but so far I think it's a wonderful vehicle all around with the exception of what appears to be a very slight clutch shudder in 1st gear but apparently that should be viewed as a feature 😳

Happy to chat with any experienced owner anytime...Best to all!

Paul...

• Like 1

Hi Paul, welcome to the forum. Must be quite a change going from an RX to an IS. 

Oh, and duff CD player is another "feature! There are threads here I'm sure (and videos on YouTube) showing you how to fix it. Might be worth considering a swap to something after market if that's your thing. I don't miss mine one bit, I tend to listen to the news then switch off the radio and listen to the 2JZ-GE instead!

Let us know how you get on, with pictures of course!

The feature you describe can be fixed with a new dual mass flywheel - best of luck with that. Luckily Lexus did mine under warranty back in 2007 when despite my protests they attempted to convince me it was normal - it certainly wasn't but they were fobbing people off left, right and centre . However a few more revs when in 1st will negate it and your driving style will adapt, my issue was an incline on a roundabout during rush hour traffic at the end of my road..

I never suffered the CD player issue but that aside its a great car, still loads around and will be for years I guess.  

Hi and welcome to the LOC. We are a friendly bunch so please don’t hold back asking questions big or small should you have any problems with your car. We always welcome ideas on how to overcome problems with our cars but as they are the finest cars in the universe they don’t go wrong that often.

We always love to see pictures of your cars inside and out so don't be shy.

Happy Lexus Motoring.

Mike. Bluesman.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links