Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus is200 key fob

Joe2008

My key fob was put threw the washing machine it fell apart tryed r eplaceing Battery still nothing so tryed useing the key manually it won't unlock so has anyone got any advice on what I can do to unlock the car I've ordered a new key fob but if I can't get into the car how do i reprogramme it thank you

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

Are you saying the key blade isn't working in the door lock, not sure if the IS has a lock in the passenger door as well and if so have you tried this, does it open the boot lock?

I think that in order to programme a new key you need the original master key to enable the clone, also if the key blade is wrong on the damaged key you will have problems.

If you have break down cover I would see if they could come out and open the car for you or if not see if a local auto locksmith can help gain entry and perhaps reprogrammed and cut your replacement key.

The key itself is in pieces the blade is intact and was working fine, only the drivers side has a lock on it which isn't working but the boot does open.

If I send a small child through the boot could he open the door from the inside or turn on the ignition to open a window so I could get into the car or would this upset the immobliser?

It is quite possible the drivers door lock is just jammed with corrosion. This is common where the lock is rarely if ever used. Some WD40 squirted into the lock and the key worked backwards and forwards usually clears the problem, but the lock can be very stiff at first.

This can be a reminder for us all to go and check the key operation on all of our cars now.

Try washing the printed circuit in windscreen washer fluid "preferably non diluted" then gently drying with a hair dryer on low heat. Washer fluid contains isoprynol alcohol, absorbs water, and dries rapidly. Unless physically damaged water does not usually damage the components on the print. The copper print it'self will dissolve away in time by electrolysis with a Battery fitted in the presents of water. Fit a new or known good Battery

John

• Like 1

Tried the old wd40 trick and it has worked! The alarm went off straight away but was still able to turn over the engine and put my dead key fob next to the key to shut off the alarm.

Huge worry off my mind can't thank you guys enough for your input, sleeping well tonight 😂

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links