Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Crying Over Spilt Milk

Mad Manc

:sick: Oh yes ! my missus has gone and done it ! . Divorce papers filed for. She spilt milk in the boot ( on the lid thing covering the spare ). The car smells filth - anyone got any gems on how to remove the smell ? If not how long does it take to go? and will it re-emerge in a hot summer?

I just did a quick search using google and "rid of milk smell on carpet"

One of them sudggests soda water........try a search and see what comes up.

Otherwise its a case of keep hitting it with febreeze etc, it will go eventually!

In my experience, the only way to completely get rid of the smell is to replace the carpet. I spilled milk in my old brown Triumph Acclaims' boot (my 1st car so I am forgiven :P ) and after trying soap, soda water, Ariel Automatic, Sodium Bicarbonate solution and even steam cleaning I ended up junking the boot carpet. The other spilliage was in a mates Golf and he ended up trading his car in for a different one because the smell just would not go. He drenched the carpet in all sorts of smelly stuff for the hand over! The dealer rung him up a few weeks later and asked him what he had spilled in the car because they had just had to replace the whole carpet set to get rid of the smell!

:sick: Cheers Lads - but there has to be something simpler out there ( other than going through my bin ( to find the old Tesco receipt ) and stripping the boot. Dont Meguires do something ? Took a tip to remove swirl marks by using Meguires! ***** hot - car looks great but it just kickin out a right pong !

just a suggestion but I have seen that cat litter is very good for soaking things up spilt oil etc(not just cat S**t).

I would clean it again and then put cat litter over the area while it is still wet you can hoover it once it it's dry then. I know there are some odour control ones around it cheap and worth a try.

Or try Service Master they have a range of products that they use for these little accidents.

I just knew when I said that that someone would come back with some smart answer lol :winky:

It was on tv it works on the same principal as the grit that they put on the floors in garages, but smells better and can be bought in smaller qty's.

Don't be such a snob, it better than going round smelling all the time :hehe: anyhow did you or did you not ask for help!!!!

The only way to get rid of the smell is either get rid of the car or carpet, tuff choice, they are the only solutions.

Many years ago a freind of mine, his girlfriend spillet milk all over the front seats and carpet, he tried everything, you name he tried it, the only thing that worked was renewing the carpet, seat cover seat foam etc etc.

The choice is yours.

• 11 months later...

"Carbona" did the magic.. This is a cleaner liquid with a brush as the cap.. I spilled milk in my carpet, it smelt awful bad - use of carbona reduced the smell & the next day all was gone.. ! :)

Did you ever get this sorted? or did someone just dig up an old post? I would've thought the only true way to get rid of the smell would be to remove the carpet if possible and either have it dry cleaned, or washing machine, failing that, just throw it and get a new one, you could try loads and loads of things and never get rid of the smell.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links