Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Snow

i think someone likes me up there, just went to suvey the damage to my rim this morning in full light. and yay, there is no damage!!!!

the pilot sports have a nice chunky rim saver that seemed to save me, and i thinkthat all the black i saw last night was manky ice. B)

I got into all sorts of trouble last night with my IS300.... im running the 18 inch pirelli pzeros and they were a nightmare..... I tried knocking off a couple of pounds pressure out of the rear tyres, snow button but even trying to get out of Stanmore tube car park (it has an uphill exit ramp) took 5 or 6 attempts

parking up last night took me the best part of an hour - the driveway was covered in ice and I had to give up on backing the car into the garage. I parked up on a grass verge which seemed like a good idea last night.....

but this morning I realised it wasnt a good idea as the rear wheels just dug in to the mud. fortunately i had a couple of people to help push me out and I managed to get on the gritted main road and do the journey to the station....

I think the snow button helps some, but the size of the tyres and power of the car just dont help in snow - I saw 2 other IS who were also all over the shop :driving:

Put the snow button on my GS last night - big mistake. All over the flipping place. Turned it off and it went back to being a twitchy handful instead of a deathtrap. Shan't be pressing THAT again in a hurry.

Incidentally, is it supposed to light up? Mine never has, and the dealer told me that all the others do but that one doesn't...

16 inch Yokohamas.

Yes the power mode switch does light up.

What is wrong with dealers? Do they know anything about the cars they sell?

Why would Toyota design all the switchgear to light up except the power mode button? Another member was told by a dealer that the gear selector indicator doesn't light up :angry:

just when oh when will people realise that summer tyres dont tend to work very well in winter? :duh: and that the snow button doesnt turn the car into a ' go anywhere'' vehicle? imagine the problems if it said mud? Sorry for being sarcastic but some people really dont use common sense :tsktsk:

look at my post HERE and it might give you an idea why you were not able to get the car to move very well

Had no trouble at all with the snow, the SNOW button kept things nicely in trim.

However, I watched a plonker in a Focus pirouetting beautifully this morning, coming to a stop with his tail pointing up the roundabout exit he wanted to take. He then hared off at 60 mph, probably for a repeat performance !

I take it all back, the last 36 hours have been a nightmare (three hours to drive eight miles). I'm off to my friendly Lexus dealer for an RX !

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links