Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Apexi S-afc Air/fuel Converter

Galee

Hello Boys & Girls I have been having a few problems getting me Altezza 4chyl Beams Manual getting it through the SVA. The car has a full TRD exhaust system on it. It is just above the accepted limit which is 0.3 but my Altezza is reading 0.42 which is very slightly out. I have replaced the cat and a new lamba sensor and it is very slightly down but not much. I have also put a pre cat on so now it has like to cats on it but still it is fail the co test. I have spent over £500 trying to get this through but it is still too high to pass. Since having this work done I have spoke too a auto electrician who advised me that a Apexi Super Air/Fuel Control unit who be able to make it pass , As you could make the car run as lean or as rich as you want. Do you think this could help me and if so were would be the best and cheapest place to get this from? I am running out of ideas and have had my spanking clean Altezza in my garage for the last 6 months while trying to get this sorted. Any help greatly received.

Regards

Galee

Hello Altezzascott tryed that m8 as I live in st. Albans and the nearest SVA centre to me is in Leighton Buzzard so it's about 20-30 miles drive which I have to drive to get there and I give it a good hard drive to get there and warm it up and have also try cat cleaner and super unleaded but still no joy.

Galee

You could try a HKS AFR. This is a simple device that alters the air/fuel ratio and is much cheaper than the more advanced S-AFC. You could install it, and then just turn down the mixture until it passes and then put it back to standard or remove it.

Setting up a S-AFC will cost more than just the unit price because of the amount of time required on a rolling road.

You could try speaking to TDI. There is a link at the top of the page.

Hi Colin thank you for your input I did speak to TDI about 2 weeks ago but £75 a hour plus V.A.T and 6 week wait is too much and too long. As I need to have a retest before the end of February. Where can I buy a HKS version and do you think it will decrease the co?

Regards

Galee

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links