Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front brake caliper carrier

Hi guys,

new to the forums. Bought my first Lexus a few weeks ago. A 1995 LS400. Bloody love the car so far but encountered a problem already.  Changed the front discs and pads the other day and when I put everything back together the passenger side wheel was seized. Turns out the caliper slide bolt was seized. Completely shagged. After trying a few things I need a new caliper carrier. Can't find anything from the UK. can anyone point me in the right direction or have anything spare I can buy? Car is an M reg so a 1995 but I think it's a mk2 so parts are from 94. Only reason I'm thinking this is brake pads are 144mm. Any help is much appreciated!!

Cheers. 

I have checked the Toyodiy and the 95 model ucf20 shows no part for the caliper mounting which means you would probably have to by a new hub set up .

The 94  UCF10 does show a part for the caliper mounting .

Determine which brakes are on the car.

It's the ucf10. The part number I need is 47722-50052. 

I tried ordering from amayama and they don't have it anymore. Found one from the states but wanted to check the U.K. Before I brake +£200 and wait 2 weeks for delivery. 

I'm a little confused here Ollie as you say your car is a 1995 model but the UCF10 suggests it is not.

To confirm could you tell me if the gear selector just moves backwards and forwards with no sideways movements and it has an overdrive select switch mounted on the right side of the shift lever?

If your car is a UCF10 this car will have the correct part you require.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-LS400-1UZFE-V8-1991-COMPLETE-CAR-BREAKING-ALLOYS-ENGINE-SWAP-DRIFT-/302262613554?hash=item4660417632:g:zakAAOSwOyJX9O6C

You could also try and drill a hole in the blind side of the carrier bracket, use a punch/drift to knock out the seized pin then tap the hole and fit a small bolt to reseal it.

Hi Steve 

yes I was confused at first too when I ordered new pads and discs and got the wrong bits. The car is an M reg and first registered in Jan 1995 so it's technically a 1995 car. But they stopped producing the mk2 in November 1994 so I assume my car was made in 1994 but registered later (that's the best explanation I can come up with) as it has parts that fit the 94 models and when I went into Lexus the details for the parts say it's for the 92-94 model. Thanks for the eBay link but that is  a 91 model so will have the smaller brakes and won't fit mine. 

The gear lever goes forwards and backwards with no sideways movement and it does have an overdrive button on the lever. 

Ive already tried drilling the pin out from both sides And neither worked. It's like the bloody thing has welded itself in.

Thanks for that! I'll ask for dimensions but I think (although not 100% as I don't know too much about Lexus's) the mk1 had smaller and different shaped brake pads so the carrier is different for the early ones. 

Also I've been in contact with that eBay user and they said they don't have the part I need. 

Olliee

Try some heat on the surround around the pin head  they are different metals so this could free it up,use a heat gun, drip water on the pin as you heat up the surround.

I had this problem when I removed my front calipers for renovation. I hit the pins with a heavy hammer until they moved a little If you burr the end you will need to file the edges down then use a punch or something the same diameter. I used the pin when I finally got one out on the other side you have to give them a real battering as the metals have fused together/oxidised. If you can get the end to move a little then also grab the other end with some grips and try turning them. You've probably already tried this but I had success with it.

Cheers for all your help guys. I'd tried everything that's been mentioned before I tried drilling it out and then buggared it up completely.  I've managed to finally find one off eBay now so fingers crossed that's sorted. In the mean time I've 4 brand new slide pins so will be replacing them as well! Thanks again team! 

you'rs is a MK2 with the separate fog lamps  .................and N registrations started Jan 1st 1995   ..............  guess there might even be a few Mk2  N reg cars around too :wallbash:

Thought DVLA would have been very strict on the year registrations, but hey ho, it hardly matters 23 years on eh !

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links