Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I am now a new LS430 owner!

Good evening!

Well after last weeks let down, which was really pants and the dealer nearly put me off buying an LS.  However,  after a few days I was resolute to find one and I have today, test driven for over 25 miles, picked and poked, checked off my list and believe everything works.  So paid my deposit and I collect next Friday.   I did though learn a lot last week and felt far more informed this time.  I have to say I'm blown away by how the 430 drives and I can't wait to go all the way down to Sennen in Cornwall next Saturday.

I did ask earlier about a fitted seat cover for the rear, does anybody use one they can recommend?  

I will post pics next weekend.  

Cheers Nick

• Like 2

Sennen beautiful, I love Mousehole, and have spent many happy times guiding my LS400 through the tiny streets to the cottage we have stayed at for the last 20 years. Enjoy.

15 minutes ago, nickd said:

Good evening!

Well after last weeks let down, which was really pants and the dealer nearly put me off buying an LS.  However,  after a few days I was resolute to find one and I have today, test driven for over 25 miles, picked and poked, checked off my list and believe everything works.  So paid my deposit and I collect next Friday.   I did though learn a lot last week and felt far more informed this time.  I have to say I'm blown away by how the 430 drives and I can't wait to go all the way down to Sennen in Cornwall next Saturday.

I did ask earlier about a fitted seat cover for the rear, does anybody use one they can recommend?  

I will post pics next weekend.  

Cheers Nick

Now what a shame, I'll be in Sennen the following weekend and I could have bought you a pint in the Old Success Inn and bored my wife by talking all things Lexus!

Ahh the Old Success, Sally my wife calls it her local as it's probably the pub she goes to the most as we'll spend 3 weeks down there.  Always try and get the window seat in the corner.  Bliss.  Oh we could have bored the ladies alright.  It's a paradise, that said, then so much of this wonderful island is!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bluesman said:

Sennen beautiful, I love Mousehole, and have spent many happy times guiding my LS400 through the tiny streets to the cottage we have stayed at for the last 20 years. Enjoy.

We were due to stay at the Old Coastguard in Mousehole in a couple of weeks for a coastal path walk but due to my wife's knee problem we'll be staying in the Cot Valley instead, still beautiful though.

1 minute ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Is that for a dog?

No, worse its for my kids.  5 and 7.  I'm not to precious but they certainly aren't.   I thought perhaps with a seat cover and back seat protectors it may protect the cream leather a little.  The child seats sit on protectors so it might be alright...........

A few on eBay but maybe not fitted.

5 minutes ago, nickd said:

Ahh the Old Success, Sally my wife calls it her local as it's probably the pub she goes to the most as we'll spend 3 weeks down there.  Always try and get the window seat in the corner.  Bliss.  Oh we could have bored the ladies alright.  It's a paradise, that said, then so much of this wonderful island is!

Strangely enough, when we were walking up that very steep hill coming out of Sennen last year, an LS430 the same colour and year as mine was coming down, a rare sight in Cornwall.

1 minute ago, The-Acre said:

We were due to stay at the Old Coastguard in Mousehole in a couple of weeks for a coastal path walk but due to my wife's knee problem we'll be staying in the Cot Valley instead, still beautiful though.

It is indeed.  It's all beautiful.  I'm sure like you, we never tire of it.  I love Penzance and always spend an afternoon weather permitting in Marob Gardens and park, walk from town to Newlyn on the seafront.  I always have a look in that curious MG Rover garage and I only eat Pasties in Cornwall.

If anyone on the site likes the singer Richard Hawley, one of his best songs "The Ocean", the video is Porthcurno beach.  Have a listen to Hawley, he is superb.  A touch of the 50s, 60's.

1 minute ago, The-Acre said:

Strangely enough, when we were walking up that very steep hill coming out of Sennen last year, an LS430 the same colour and year as mine was coming down, a rare sight in Cornwall.

Well another LS will be down there now.  

I have never seen a thread go so far off topic it became a geography lesson :biggrin:

So this LS430 you have driven and placed a deposit on any further news or could you recommend a decent Cornish Pasty? :biggrin:

• Like 2

For the pasty! Pengellys in Tintagel, St Ives. Super

My car, well I paid top whack for an LS, not the one Coventry Lexus had though.  That has sold for 10k.

I bought from a dealer in Radcliffe in Manchester, it may still be on Autotrader.

I paid under the asking price, 4 matching tyres, 15 months warranty, silver, cream leather and it all works. 86k, 1 owner plus Lexus, full Lexus history, last service in July 16 when the belt was changed.  I'm very happy with the car.   I spoke with the Dave (I think) at Lex Tek and he will look after the car for me.  I live in Sheffield and he did 20 years at Lexus Sheffield.

the difference between this and the one I saw last week was night and day, just from looking at it from 10 feet away you could see it was a better car.  

48 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

I have never seen a thread go so far off topic it became a geography lesson :biggrin:

So this LS430 you have driven and placed a deposit on any further news or could you recommend a decent Cornish Pasty? :biggrin:

Steve, have you never eaten a real Cornish pasty sitting in a Lexus?  Call yourself a moderator, come on!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links