Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello guys

I seem ot have "2 problems"

First of all it seems to be that on the energy graphics, my wheels have stopped moving/spinning when the car is moving?.. I am sure they used to be moving. Or am I confusing it with my old Prius? I know it is a different car but on my Volt they do move as well.

And the other thing is that since I reset my consumption a few months ago the Best figure only displays dashes... never a figure. The Average is working well though.

Ignore the Average number as I only just disconnected  the 12V Battery in an attempt to get the graphics sorted ... but it did not work :(

IMG_20170415_172249_zpsvh3pvjq7.jpg
IMG_20170415_172301_zpswdp1eica.jpg

Cheers
Vasilis

Ah ok ... I thought it was doing it automatically, I only used Reset All button shown on the top of the screen.

I shall try to press Reset later and see what happens.

Anyone else with non spinning wheels? :)

• Like 1

Mine spin when in motion, but must admit I'm a bit miffed that the wheels are not same design as the 450h wheels (I assume all 450s had the same as not seen any different), would have been a nice attention to detail, for very little effort.

Ditto on on the best and resets, I ditched my good average by resetting all, now need to ease off the gas and get a decent one back lol.

Just spotted you need another car vasilis, then have one for each day of the week, result. I have room to park one (the wifes) my poor lexus gets stuck on the street most days :whip:

Not a clue. Assume it knows when in motion, but likely if those sensors cropped out, be other bigger issues, ie abs etc, so perhaps it's a different signal or just software.. will have to defer to more knowledgeable folks.

I assume your power meter, speedo, the power lines on the energy pic etc all working ok, it's just the wheels not turning?

Hi Robert, No the pics were taken when stopped.

When when in motion the only difference is that the flow arrows appear to show where the powers goes to and regen.

These animations work perfectly. But the wheels are not spinning ... :(

On 26/04/2017 at 8:28 AM, tonyricha said:

Just curious, does the single wheel spin on the info graphic in the speedo when that screen is selected and car moving?

You know I have not checked on that.

I will look at it over the wekeend and report back :)

The phenomena of the non spinning wheels on the MFD (multi function display) is not unknown on the gen2 Prius that uses the same display screen. This is more often than not bad contacts on one of the ribbon cable connectors within the screen. Poor soldered joints within the display can also cause the problem. The signal that makes them turn comes from the speedo display board.

Under certain circumstances it can cause problems with turning the car off. This is usually when the fault is at the speedo board. The hybrid system receives this signal, but if it is missing the system cannot tell if the car is moving or not so refuses to turn the system off in case the car is still moving.

Pressing the stop button while moving does not turn the engine off unless you hold it in for about 3 seconds to force an emergency shutdown. The reason for this is in case you accidentally touch the stop button on a motorway. If the car shut down you would have to brake while pressing the start button to effect a restart.

On the Prius, and also the Lexus CT200H turning the car off automatically puts it in park locking the transmission. This could be catastrophic if you could do this at speed. 

John.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links