Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

50k Service Tomorrow At Bromley

TheDon

So what should i check for at my 50k service bill? i am also having my power steering belt replaced, i was quoted about £45 for the belt and £20 fitting so finaly no squeel.

i was also quoted £140 inc vat for the service.

look at the price of the oil.........DODO spittle !!

Mines in for 30k service next week.

Steve better get the dealer review section ready for another war + peace epic :duh:

I'm supplying oil. Duckhams QXR (shows age!) - OK, Q 10-40 as it is now.

2 immediate benefits i see...

1) £15 instead of £53 dealer tried fleecing me before (I refused - price halved :)).

2) It's green. So i know if they keep it and use their cheapo brown sludge instead :angry:

Cynical?? Moi?? :unsure:

ok so how much oil should i go buy? And what one for a hard driven engine? will they just knock off te 50 odd quid from the total?

i think im gonna tell them where to put their belt from the sounds of things too.

Bloody lexus bromley!

So i take it that a 50k service is just a oil and filter change?

Well i am certainly glad i had my service done, apart from the normal crap like oil etc they found that my air filter was toaly totaly clogged up! that would explain the recent poor performance and 16mpg!

Also it turns out that the coolant bypass tube was almost gone! so they replaced it under warenty saving me a bill of £183 later on. also it looks like my alternator is a bit buggered so thats gonna go under a warenty replacement!

The price for the power steering belt was quoted for the wrong part, so its now only £15 with free fitting. Gotta go back tomorrow to get a it fitted tho, but they are gonna let me take out the RX300 demo car which has full spec! sweet.

Unfortunately tho i was there for 5 hours today, lol but the receptionists kept me filled with food and coffee plus they were extremely fit! what a great way to spend a few hrs!

Also under warenty i am getting a full alignment due to excessive wear to my front tyres, gonna save that till i get my springs from matt fitted, will save me about £60 i think. so i cant wait to get the springs now!

well there are 2!!!!!!!! one absolutely gorgeos asian girl who i think im in love with :blush::blush::blush::blush: and the other one is stunning :shifty::shifty:

do you thing they will find it weird if i take a camera when i pop back there tomorrow?

do you thing they will find it weird if i take a camera when i pop back there tomorrow?

Can't you just pretend you're taking pics for here and then 'accidentally' snap when they're in the shot?!

Actually now I understand why I got arrested :whistling:

well i had a great day today, dropped the car off at 8.30am today, to then get straight into a top spec RX300sei. mmmmmm so so so good to drive, i so badly want one. anyone wanna give me £38k? hehehe. i drove that about for 2 hours and realy enjoyed it. got back to a cup of coffee and the new and very good service manager informs me that there will be no charge at all for the belt. and that the Battery is faulty. didnt wanna pay £60 for the same Battery so i went to Halfords and got myself an uprated "calcium" Battery with a 4 year guarentee and its got 25% more cold cranking power all for £59.99. sweet!

so i have had a great day today :D :D and i love the bromley dealership.

ps, had to think of quick answer to fit receptionist when she asked why i had a bannana in my pocket! not sure if she believed me !!! :winky: :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links